Can i Look Yet? Rangers v Ross County Preview

If MW & DW are bold & brave today in their team selection we can win comfortably. That means no Kiernan, Miller or Halliday following Wednesday. If Halliday is to play put him in his proper position which isn't defensive MF

I would play Forrester because he is a goal threat along with Hyndman. & probably Toral and Dodoo up front in place of Miller.

Put waghorn on one flank & McKay on the other. And I'd genuinely be tempted to put Senderos in at CB alongside Hill to see what he's like.

As much as I've been critical of Halliday over the last few games -- control, awareness etc all been poor -- I don't see him being dropped. He is OK, just not brilliant in that DM role. I'm not sure who we would replace him with? Rossiter and Barton were both bought to play that role, but neither have worked so we'll need to make do with Halliday for now.

The whole squad needs improved and upgraded. It is average, but to be fair we've done well with an average squad. Unfortunately, it's going to take more than a window or two to upgrade it. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but going into the season both Barton and Rossiter looked like very good upgrades. It just wasn't to be.

As much as I've been critical of Halliday over the last few games -- control, awareness etc all been poor -- I don't see him being dropped. He is OK, just not brilliant in that DM role. I'm not sure who we would replace him with? Rossiter and Barton were both bought to play that role, but neither have worked so we'll need to make do with Halliday for now.

The whole squad needs improved and upgraded. It is average, but to be fair we've done well with an average squad. Unfortunately, it's going to take more than a window or two to upgrade it. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but going into the season both Barton and Rossiter looked like very good upgrades. It just wasn't to be.

Halliday's problem now is that his confidence seems to have gone. He was ok in that role last season in the championship but up a level he's struggling and it's beginning to show big time

Foderingham

Tavernier - Senderos - Hill - Wallace

Holt - Hyndman - Toral

Miller - Garner - McKay

Subs: Alnwick, Hodson, Wilson, Halliday, Forrester, Dodoo, Waghorn

Wonder whether it will be McKay on the right, as Miller is mor leftish a player. But it could well be that we simply assume a 4-3-3 when it might be more of a 4-1-4-1. You would hope that Hyndman and Holt complement each other in central midfield.

Senderos ... ain't that old, you wonder whether him and Hill have the awareness and speed to protect us from counter attacks. I take it that since he was out injured in midweek, Wilson ain't fully fit.

Missing - Jordan Rossiter (thigh), Niko Kranjčar (cruciate knee ligament), Michael O'Halloran (suspended)