Ralston in the Record: MW on borrowed time

I know DW is getting a lot of stick re the defence. It occurred to me that it is quite possible that the way MW wants to play may leave any defensive advice falling on deaf ears. DW can say what he likes, pass on any comments or suggestions however it is MW that has the final say. He picks the team and chooses the tactics, yes DW can have input but thats all. I also remember there were a lot of people saying the fear of losing and fear of the manager had vanished when McCoist was in charge. There is certainly no fear of either with both DW and MW. I'm not suggesting its a vital component for a successful side, however it seems it has worked well with previous managers.

Not knowing MW personally I can't say weather he still has the appetite to deal with rags like the record? Although it looks like there are directors briefing behind his back. If that is the case could anyone blame him if he were to want away? Lets be honest, with the finances we have its a glass ceiling(same for mhanks btw) so he can't take us any further. If we lost to Morton, which I don't think we will, I don't see him resigning. It would be up to the board and DK. If they feel we are on a downward spiral and they can get the man they want, its hard to see any other resolution than MW leaving to kick start the side towards Europe(hopefully). Then again we would have to pay them off which eats into any possible European money. Probably all comes back to finance. Everything comes back to the state we are in because of that fat, sweaty, horrible Jabba turd!!

Edited by cooponthewing

I know DW is getting a lot of stick re the defence. It occurred to me that it is quite possible that the way MW wants to play may leave any defensive advice falling on deaf ears. DW can say what he likes, pass on any comments or suggestions however it is MW that has the final say. He picks the team and chooses the tactics, yes DW can have input but thats all. I also remember there were a lot of people saying the fear of losing and fear of the manager had vanished when McCoist was in charge. There is certainly no fear of either with both DW and MW. I'm not suggesting its a vital component for a successful side, however it seems it has worked well with previous managers.

Not knowing MW personally I can't say weather he still has the appetite to deal with rags like the record? Although it looks like there are directors briefing behind his back. If that is the case could anyone blame him if he were to want away? Lets be honest, with the finances we have its a glass ceiling(same for mhanks btw) so he can't take us any further. If we lost to Morton, which I don't think we will, I don't see him resigning. It would be up to the board and DK. If they feel we are on a downward spiral and they can get the man they want, its hard to see any other resolution than MW leaving to kick start the side towards Europe(hopefully). Then again we would have to pay them off which eats into any possible European money. Probably all comes back to finance. Everything comes back to the state we are in because of that fat, sweaty, horrible Jabba turd!!

That's not so. I dislike Ashley as much as the next person - but the reason we are in the shape we are in is because of the people that sold the crown jewels to Ashley for a pittance, not Ashley himself. Had Green and his cohorts not brought Ashley in then Ashley wouldn't have his claws into everything.

Despise Ashley with gusto, but don't put ALL the blame onto him - indeed, I would argue that GreenCo deserve far more ire than Ashley - they squandered (read between the lines) many tens of millions of pounds through the IPO, commercial retail deals that were in the best interests of anyone other than the Club, they gave Ally a ridiculous salary, they spent nothing on the infrastructure, they paid themselves ludicrous promotion bonuses which were harder to NOT obtain that to obtain as well as a number of other things which have resulted in us being where we are.

Ashley may be a PART of the reason we are where we are - but I find it strange that we vent our spleen at Ashley when the man who actually signed that retail deal on behalf of Rangers was Charles Green, someone who seems to have largely been ignored when the venom comes out.

That's not so. I dislike Ashley as much as the next person - but the reason we are in the shape we are in is because of the people that sold the crown jewels to Ashley for a pittance, not Ashley himself. Had Green and his cohorts not brought Ashley in then Ashley wouldn't have his claws into everything.

Despise Ashley with gusto, but don't put ALL the blame onto him - indeed, I would argue that GreenCo deserve far more ire than Ashley - they squandered (read between the lines) many tens of millions of pounds through the IPO, commercial retail deals that were in the best interests of anyone other than the Club, they gave Ally a ridiculous salary, they spent nothing on the infrastructure, they paid themselves ludicrous promotion bonuses which were harder to NOT obtain that to obtain as well as a number of other things which have resulted in us being where we are.

Ashley may be a PART of the reason we are where we are - but I find it strange that we vent our spleen at Ashley when the man who actually signed that retail deal on behalf of Rangers was Charles Green, someone who seems to have largely been ignored when the venom comes out.

That's being extremely pedantic. I'm sure you understood my point Craig. I have to explain word for word what I mean at Uni ffs(which ain't easy at my elderly age...) I'm not writing an essay on here.

Additionally if we follow that lead we could pick fault in everyone's posts? Personally I'm too busy for that. I would rather understand what's being said that look for fault.

The point you made I completely agree with however.

That's being extremely pedantic. I'm sure you understood my point Craig. I have to explain word for word what I mean at Uni ffs(which ain't easy at my elderly age...) I'm not writing an essay on here.

Additionally if we follow that lead we could pick fault in everyone's posts? Personally I'm too busy for that. I would rather understand what's being said that look for fault.

The point you made I completely agree with however.

I don't think it's pedantic at all. But seeing as you do, I apologise.

I don't think it's pedantic at all. But seeing as you do, I apologise.

Not at all mate. I didn't explain myself clearly, I just can't be arsed half the time. Difficult when you are on and off a forum in between living in the library to get a coherent point across.

Not at all mate. I didn't explain myself clearly, I just can't be arsed half the time. Difficult when you are on and off a forum in between living in the library to get a coherent point across.

It's all good bud. How long do you have left of the degree ? I'm contemplating another professional designation myself - at 43 my brain feels like mush though.

I think you draw a rather harder line between Green and his successors and Ashley than the evidence would warrant. I'm not sure we'll ever get a full explanation of why Green and his successors felt so desperate to hand Ashley the club in installments in return for small loans but I think it fair to hypothesise a relationship. After all, we still had arseholes like 'Ashley associate' Lambias hanging around until forcibly removed. Besides which, Ashley is very much still with us whereas Green is a fading memory (though I sincerely hope we'll all get to see him in court before too long).

Edited by Oleg_Mcnoleg

It's all good bud. How long do you have left of the degree ? I'm contemplating another professional designation myself - at 43 my brain feels like mush though.

I started the access course 16 months ago. Had some time out when Jean passed. Still got four years to go as it works out five years in total as mature student. Unless you have relevant Q's for your intended course within last five years the access course is the entry point

Edited by cooponthewing