Ralston in the Record: MW on borrowed time

I know, I find it sad and unedifying and expect better from a Rangers Board. What hope is there when the backstabbing occurs at that level?

They need to bear in mind that if they give Warburton his jotters and if his replacement can't wave a magic wand then that only leaves one target left and they more than anyone should know what happens when the fan base turns against their Board.

Sadly it appears the decision has been made and all that remains is the timing.

What is needed is for Stewart Robertson to come out and make a statement that backs the present management and make it clear that funds will be made available for the summer .

To be clear I am like every other fan , bitterly disappointed in this season and our displays but I am willing to give MW time .

I know, I find it sad and unedifying and expect better from a Rangers Board. What hope is there when the backstabbing occurs at that level?

They need to bear in mind that if they give Warburton his jotters and if his replacement can't wave a magic wand then that only leaves one target left and they more than anyone should know what happens when the fan base turns against their Board.

Sadly it appears the decision has been made and all that remains is the timing.

I seem to have missed something - what are the 'backstabbing' and 'tweeting against' stories? Why does it "appear the decision has been made"? I will find it sad, if so, and unless a manger of genius and a very large amount of investment is about to be unveiled then we are in for more turmoil this time next year. If the very large amount of investment does transpire then I'll forever wonder what MW would have done with it - we all know his transfer record for us is horrible but it was superb overall at Brentford and who knows if he ever got what he asked for until it was down to last minute panics.

I seem to have missed something - what are the 'backstabbing' and 'tweeting against' stories? Why does it "appear the decision has been made"? I will find it sad, if so, and unless a manger of genius and a very large amount of investment is about to be unveiled then we are in for more turmoil this time next year. If the very large amount of investment does transpire then I'll forever wonder what MW would have done with it - we all know his transfer record for us is horrible but it was superb overall at Brentford and who knows if he ever got what he asked for until it was down to last minute panics.

The stories that have appeared in the press and quotes from "Rangers insiders" which have been written by some of our boards favourite go to pressmen/papers , plus the almost identical tweets appearing by board friendly fans makes it an all too unhealthy coincidence , its a case of new board same as the old boards im afraid

Thanks rbr though I'd have preferred an answer along the lines of: "it's just people getting over excited and adding 2 + 2 and getting 5. Don't worry about it, Rangers are back to being far too dignified to act like that."

Slightly off topic but I will just put this in here!

Rangers chief Dave King has to pump money into Ibrox side now or it's time for him to go blasts investor Kieran Prior

Prior hit out at King on Twitter after recent results saw Gers fall 24 points behind Celtic and slip into third position in the league.

Rangers shareholder Kieran Prior hit out at chairman Dave King last night - demanding the Ibrox chief pumps money into the team now or leaves.

The city whizzkid, who invested around £400,000 in Rangers two years ago, hit Twitter to vent his frustrations after yesterday's 1-1 draw with Ross County at Ibrox, branding King and his board "a disgrace".

Mark Warburton's side were held for the third time this season by County and the result came just three days after they were thrashed 4-1 at Hearts.

Rangers have now dropped to third in the table behind Aberdeen who have a game in hand.And they sit a gargantuan 24 points behind leaders Celtic who also have played a game less.

Prior, a former Goldman Sachs trader who has one of the highest IQs in the world, snapped up 1.2 per cent of the club he has supported since childhood in 2015.

And he hit out angrily last night - with chairman King the target of his ire.

He said: "A 1-1 draw at home. Not the best result but with no investment what to expect?. DK do the right thing, invest or get off the pot."Hardy wrote 'to ever bad, there is always a worse' Mark Warburton is bad DK and the Board are a disgrace."

King famously pledged £30million from his own fortune when he took over Rangers three years ago.But he has come under increased pressure with Gers so far off the pace and Mark Warburton relying on loan signings to boost his side in the January transfer window.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-chief-dave-king-pump-9760804

Do some still want to see MW given more funds to chase his philosophies?

The last thing i would do is spend more. If double/triple the wage budget and £2.9m more in transfer money is not enough to win more than 4 games on the trot then i dread to think the number needed.

...and your solution is?

...and your solution is?
to fix results?

A better manager, preferably not a novice. A tactician who can assess games and react appropriately while having the ability to fire up the squad.Someone who also agrees with "the nothing else but a win will do" mentality.

Most of our problems can be traced back to the manager.

We have £11m in wages and all in spent £3-£5m on players.(including the Barton payoff) what numbers would you like to see. Especially since I'm pretty sure pre season you said I was an idiot for thinking we would spend anything close to £2m as it wasn't needed. Apologies if my mind is playing tricks and that wasn't yourself

I am assuming from what has been written here about possible pay-offs that the management team are on 1-year rolling contracts, so that they would always get a full year's salary if they are dismissed other than for gross misconduct?

If that is indeed the case can someone please explain why we would give a relatively inexperienced management team contracts that could be seen as rewarding them for failure rather than success?

I can see that there might be some advantage to us if another Club tried to lure them away; but in reality are we not just burdening ourselves with several hundred thousand pounds of costs when the management team is sacked as is almost always the case at some point.

Or is this seen as a better option for the Club than a two or three year fixed term contract?