Ralston in the Record: MW on borrowed time

I started the access course 16 months ago. Had some time out when Jean passed. Still got four years to go as it works out five years in total as mature student.

Good luck my friend. All power to you, nothing but admiration :thup:

You and I just had a wee tiff pete :thup:

Just kidding

I have a tiff every day with the wife and we have still lasted 30 years. The making up is the best thing in life. I hope you have shaved.:D

To be fair, we are talking about an article in the Daily Record who are speculating on MW's future. The board has not made any public comment on the manager's future and given our 'dignified silence' on all matters, it seems unlikely that this stance will change. Are we not reading too much into articles from Jackson and co, who are always are writing to their market? Their job is to sell newspapers/get clicks on websites and the more controversial, the better (from their perspective).

Personally, I think it is unlikely that there will be any short term management changes. MW will be given to the end of the season and then the performance would be assessed, even if we lost to Morton in the SC. Although that would seal his fate. (IMHO). Simply put, what is the alternative? Frank de Boer is unemployed currently, but what could he do with this team now? Gary Rowett ex-Birmingham? Would follow the same model as Warburton i.e. identifying cheap youngsters with potential from the lower English leagues. Could Davie Weir step up? Nothing to suggest that he would take a radically different approach and has blotted his copy book with his inability to improve a porous defensive unit over the past 18 months. The entire team was signed by Warburton/McParland, and although they have been found wanting, they are the team until the next transfer window. If a new manager comes in now, they know that they are going to be replaced and could just down tools. Not everyone is like Lafferty who only played well in the last few matches of a season when he was looking for a new contract!

Jackson is rarely wrong on rangers

Jackson is rarely wrong on rangers

I don't disagree, but why would the board drip feed this type of information to 'friendly' journalists (Friendly to the director not necessarily to Rangers)? What is the end game? Attempting to put more pressure on the team that obviously knows that anything but a win could have severe consequences for the management and ultimately for themselves? Attempting to get MW to resign and walk away from his contract with nothing? They couldn't even get the previous Rangers man (!) to forego any of his gardening leave package, so why would Warburton? Perhaps Warburton starts putting his feelers out for positions down south if he is feeling insecure?

Nothing about this makes sense to me, I just cannot see any benefit the board obtains from leaking information of this nature.

I don't disagree, but why would the board drip feed this type of information to 'friendly' journalists (Friendly to the director not necessarily to Rangers)? What is the end game? Attempting to put more pressure on the team that obviously knows that anything but a win could have severe consequences for the management and ultimately for themselves? Attempting to get MW to resign and walk away from his contract with nothing? They couldn't even get the previous Rangers man (!) to forego any of his gardening leave package, so why would Warburton? Perhaps Warburton starts putting his feelers out for positions down south if he is feeling insecure?

Nothing about this makes sense to me, I just cannot see any benefit the board obtains from leaking information of this nature.

Indeed.

Cui bono? That is the question we must ask. Who benefits from the muckraking, and the mischief making, the overstating and inflating of facts? Not, I would suggest, Rangers.

The Board does not need the imprimatur of the Daily Sellik to terminate the manager's engagement. Nor does it seem that a minority of the Board would use the pages of this comic

to influence the decision(s) of the majority, on any matter, up to and including sacking the management team.

There is a war on (there has been for some time) and we would do well to remember that, in war, the first casualty is truth.

Edited by Uilleam

Seems strange if the Board are giving stories to the media (KJ), for the same media to be less than complemetery about the Board.

There is either a split in the Board with one side feeding stories against the other, or they are coming from someone close to the Manager.