Ralston in the Record: MW on borrowed time

I am assuming from what has been written here about possible pay-offs that the management team are on 1-year rolling contracts, so that they would always get a full year's salary if they are dismissed other than for gross misconduct?

If that is indeed the case can someone please explain why we would give a relatively inexperienced management team contracts that could be seen as rewarding them for failure rather than success?

I can see that there might be some advantage to us if another Club tried to lure them away; but in reality are we not just burdening ourselves with several hundred thousand pounds of costs when the management team is sacked as is almost always the case at some point.

Or is this seen as a better option for the Club than a two or three year fixed term contract?

I thought both MW & DW were under contract til 2019 i.e. Another 2 seasons

It was total madness giving out new contracts to management & players until they proved they could cut it in the top division

I feel the solution at the moment which i have been saying since the start of the season is we need to change our formation to suit each team we face.

We don't have the quality (spine of the team) to play 4-3-3 and it leaves us badly exposed against anyone willing to have a go.

Also the forwards are changed around too much no understandings being built and nowhere near enough goals i mean if you look there is only 1 league game this season that we have scored more than 2 goals, Killie at home, Miller top scorer on 6 after 24 games is not good enough and that's down to how we play for me.

I have supported MW to the hilt, the off field work youth etc is great, i even like the philosophy of football we play but we don't have the players for it atm and he has to learn to adapt the system to what we have.

for me a 3-5-2 would benefit us greatly, Fod, Hill, Senderos, Wilson, Hyndman, McKay, Holt, Tav ,Wallace, Garner, Waghorn

Garner needs a partner to run onto all his flick ons etc. 3 CB's to give us a solid back line with a CDM and 2 Full backs and you have 2 forwards and two Midfielders ready to counter.

That's only my opinion i know some would prefer 4-4-2 or even 4-5-1 but the main thing is it needs to change and soon or i fear this up n down form will continue and ultimately cost MW his job, and honestly i do think he has the makings of being a great manager if he loses his stubborn do Plan A better ethos.

P.S lets not get on at each other we all love our club and we all want what is best and to see us on top but for now all we can do is support the team and follow on.

Edited by Rosco999

I think that it is fairly clear that Warburton is tactically inept. We have a man playing RB most of the season who can't defend; we have lost countless goals from corners and other set plays; we simply cannot turn attacking superiority into goals; we have persisted with 4-3-3, without a centrocampista since Kranjcar's injury and Barton's departure, when even some visitors to Ibrox have played 4-4-2 against us; and when we tried 3-5-2 or was it 3-5-1-1, we did so with a frail attacker playing left wing back, a position in which not just he but the whole defensive set up was cruelly exposed.

His signings for money such as Garner, 0'Halloran, Windass and Crooks have all been failures in one degree or another; he won't give Dodoo and Hodson, for example a chance to prove themselves with a run in the team; his best performers are both well past their sell-by; from what little we know about it I don't think he emerges from the Barton debacle with any great credit and for all he talks about a path to the first team, where are they?

Hence he's not going to get any more money to spend and we are not going to have a team that has a realistic chance of getting through Q1 & Q2 of the Europa League qualifiers, never mind reach the group stages. (That's if we manage to finish second or third in the League, which right now is not a given.)

However, since a new manager would inherit the same squad I see no point in sacking MW & DW now; but I would have someone lined up along with new players for next season. If it's going to cost us a year's salary for them both then I would do it this summer rather than next.

Undoubtedly this will mean real investment; however good loan signings might be and whatever the benefit of re-signing veterans, neither path is the future of our club any more than Demichelis returning here to Malaga for the rest of the season.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I thought both MW & DW were under contract til 2019 i.e. Another 2 seasons

It was total madness giving out new contracts to management & players until they proved they could cut it in the top division

OK if that's correct then it just makes it worse really; because I can't see them lasting past this summer.

Aye. MWs tactically inept , that's how he managed to get Brentford to just miss out on the play offs in the hardest league to get promoted from in England , Jesus wept mate seriously , and all that on the third lowest budget in the championship , but they still spent more on players in 1 year than we have in 18 months , go figure .

to fix results?

A better manager, preferably not a novice. A tactician who can assess games and react appropriately while having the ability to fire up the squad.Someone who also agrees with "the nothing else but a win will do" mentality.

Most of our problems can be traced back to the manager.

We have £11m in wages and all in spent £3-£5m on players.(including the Barton payoff) what numbers would you like to see. Especially since I'm pretty sure pre season you said I was an idiot for thinking we would spend anything close to £2m as it wasn't needed. Apologies if my mind is playing tricks and that wasn't yourself

Oh furfuxsake you just woken up from a 6 year long nap?

Aye. MWs tactically inept , that's how he managed to get Brentford to just miss out on the play offs in the hardest league to get promoted from in England , Jesus wept mate seriously , and all that on the third lowest budget in the championship , but they still spent more on players in 1 year than we have in 18 months , go figure .

I take your point about Brentford mate but I am basing my judgement on what I have seen here and I don't think his player acquisition, management or tactics are what we need.

I take your point about Brentford mate but I am basing my judgement on what I have seen here and I don't think his player acquisition, management or tactics are what we need.

I totally agree , but that's down in part to the budget he's been provided with , this is fir an entire squad not just 3 or 4 players , our situation is near unique and I would argue this with anyone

Oh furfuxsake you just woken up from a 6 year long nap?

To be fair he's not alone , the majority of our support expected us to be buying , when we don't even have credit facilities with any bank sorted yet.