Ralston in the Record: MW on borrowed time

The board coming out and stating there will be £XXm available to spend in the summer is NOT a good thing IMHO.

If other clubs know we have a certain amount of funds, they will make full use of that knowledge and bump up player valuations.

As long as the manager knows that funds are available, that's all that matters.

XX being a figure between 1 and 2. :(

I don't think there needs to be a the dreaded vote of confidence from the board but some sort of indication about progress and investment would be good.

I don't think anyone should be panicking over one or two bad results but the general pattern has been poor and if the club want to ensure another 40K season tickets next season then they'd be well advised to stop the nudging and winking in the media, engage properly with Club1872 and open up a mature debate on our ambitions.

Dont you think Club 1872 should be more forceful and DEMAND debate on our ambitions?

Unfortunately we are not talking about one or two bad results if we are being honest then we have actually only had a few good results since beating Celtic in last seasons SC final.

Hearts and Aberdeen at Ibrox were about the only two really good games.

We haven't had many good results for a calendar year. Even the glorious exception was after penalties. Yes, I know we played them off the park but remember even then that Roberts inexplicably missed an open goal that even Cascarino might have been expected to convert. I'm not taking away from our great play and dominance that day but it was incredibly close despite that and in many ways that victory blinded us to the fact that our team that had produced little good football for a while and was being beaten away at Hibs and Falkirk before that game and which collapsed after it in a way that should have had alarm bells ringing and a re-evaluation of Spring 2016 and what it told us.

Edited by SteveC

I don't think we've much to gain from a bun fight but, yes, Club1872 should be requesting a meeting asap.

It is a perfect opportunity for Club 1872 to show their independence by asking for clarity on club ambitions and stating that our current position is not in line with the fans expectations. They would be telling the Board, and letting the fanbase know, that they are holding them accountable.

Edited by craig

It is a perfect opportunity for Club 1872 to show their independence by asking for clarity on club ambitions and stating that our current position is not in line with the fans expectations. They would be telling the Board, and letting the fanbase know, that they are holding them accountable.

Which is what they are there for!

I don't think we've much to gain from a bun fight but, yes, Club1872 should be requesting a meeting asap.

I believe that we are still waiting for the minutes of their 29 October meeting to be published so it may be a while before we hear about any meeting with the club.

I believe that we are still waiting for the minutes of their 29 October meeting to be published so it may be a while before we hear about any meeting with the club.

I must admit I've been very busy recently so not paying much attention to Club1872 stuff. Assume they're working hard in background but once again communication seems to be suffering.

I don't think there needs to be a the dreaded vote of confidence from the board but some sort of indication about progress and investment would be good.

I don't think anyone should be panicking over one or two bad results but the general pattern has been poor and if the club want to ensure another 40K season tickets next season then they'd be well advised to stop the nudging and winking in the media, engage properly with Club1872 and open up a mature debate on our ambitions.

Let's be honest, Frankie, anything other than a win for Rangers in the SPFL is bad result; so far this season we have won exactly 12 out of 24 league games and are by no means guaranteed to finish 2nd or 3rd which, barring a win in the Scottish Cup, will be required to ensure European football albeit in ELQ1 next season.