Well who's next

I'd still would look towards Walter for the meantime, with someone who is not that familiar with Glasgow (e.g. Rowatt) as his assistant). We need a figure who knows how things are in Scotland, what is demanded and how certain people need to be handled. And perhaps Walter can bring his pal McColl back onto the table as well.

NB: I would assume that Walter has seen how decent a 4-3-3 line up can work with decent enough players, so may adjust his previous tactics accordingly. That said, I do assume he adjusted tactics in day gone by anyway.

Cant believe (or maybe I should say don't want to) we have spoken to Davies - we are showing such a terrible lack of ambition.

As someone on FF said, "I just don't want Tommy Sheridan's porridge stirrer in, even as interim manager"

Gary Monk would be a scoop, Id have thought out of reach but if he is been spoken to then that's good. Swansea pulled the trigger far too early to get rid and he has turned a mess of a Leeds time into promotion contenders while still working with mad men behind the scenes. But he will obviously want to get Leeds up and then would stay.

Rowett has showed great promise at Birmingham. Would be a realistic sensible option at the moment.

FdB is still top choice in the summer and even Michael Laudrup who just hasn't even had a mention.

EDIT - Would Alex Neil be a decent shout if he doesn't get Norwich up?

Edited by Gribz

Robbie Neilson would have been quoted too if he hadn't moved from Hertz, especially since McInnes and Wright are being talked about.

Aberdeen will demand £1million from Rangers if they target Derek McInnes as boss:)

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/581897/aberdeen-will-demand-1million-from-rangers-if-they-target-derek-mcinnes-as-boss/?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-scotsunsport-_-20170213-_-809518536

Dado backs Eck

If anyone can close the gap on Celtic Alex McLeish can..he’s done it once before says Rangers legend Dado Prso

The Ibrox legend recalls the single-minded, nerveless demeanour Big Eck had one fateful Sunday in May 2005

THE helicopter changed direction.But Alex McLeish’s focus didn’t budge an inch.

Dado Prso recalls the single-minded, nerveless demeanour Big Eck had one fateful Sunday in May 2005.

And the big Croat can’t help think Rangers could be doing with some of that never-say-die spirit 12 years on.

The day is etched in Gers’ history, Celtic blowing the title by losing at Motherwell, with two Scott McDonald goals seeing an SPL chopper alter its course high in the sky.

At Easter Road, McLeish and his jubilant stars celebrated like never before.

But Prso has always believed it would simply never have happened had McLeish not held his nerve when other bosses could have lost theirs.

Which is why Prso has urged the Ibrox board to bring McLeish back as Mark Warburton’s replacement.

Prso said: “If you ask me about Alex McLeish I think of the season we were champions on the last day against Hibernian.“The way Alex was that day gives the perfect example of what he is like.“He didn’t complicate things when it would have been easy to do that. He explained very clearly to the dressing room what was required. Celtic were ahead that day and we were behind, chasing them.

“By half-time the results were not looking good for us.“Some managers may have thought it was all over.

“But without pushing us too much, without shouting or making things tougher, he just said: ‘Guys, make sure we do our jobs today’.“He reminded everyone that everything was still possible, and to make sure if things changed in the Celtic match we had done our job.

“McLeish said: ‘Make sure we can all look each other in the eyes after the game’.“Basically he didn’t want us to have any regrets. He wanted us to give our best, and then see if it was going to be good enough. Can you imagine what it would have been like if Celtic had lost and we had not won?“In the end everything turned out good for us. But that was because we had a manager who knew how to deal with the pressure, to deal with everything.“We chased Celtic throughout that season and we never gave up. That was because of Alex.”

“But McLeish signed good players, and throughout that year we were motivated.“We never lost faith, and we had real character in the team. That’s why I think McLeish would be ideal now, because he has been in this situation before. He also knows Rangers inside out.“Alex knows how to coach too. If the players at Ibrox need to be pushed more then he can do that.“Mark Warburton isn’t somebody I know very well, but I do know David Weir and he’s a very peaceful and thoughtful man.“Maybe the players need someone to tell them how it is. Alex knows how to shout, and it’s possible that’s what these Rangers players need.“McLeish is a big character, he’s someone who knows how to get respect.

“He was the Scotland national team coach, so he has great experience of working with top players. He will know what he needs to bring to this job.”

McLeish is not the only contender to replace Warburton. Gers are weighing up their options, with a long list of candidates set to be considered.

Ibrox directors are still unsure on which direction to go, whether to make a short or long-term appointment, or even bring in a director of football to oversee everything.

There’s every chance caretaker boss Graeme Murty will remain in charge for Sunday’s game at Dundee.

Prso, though, has urged Gers to change the entire structure of the club from the bottom up. Prso said: “It’s sad how everything has happened at Rangers, the club is an institution.

“I think they need to look to their youngsters now rather than buying new players.

“They need to make their own players by creating schools.

Prso, now 42, left Rangers in 2007, with injuries taking their toll on the striker.

But when SunSport contacted him he was well aware of the situation his old club finds itself in.

Prso has no doubt McLeish is the man for the Gers job now. He added: “Alex already knows Rangers, and the mentality needed for the job.

“If anyone can close the gap on Celtic then he can.“It would be more complicated to appoint a new manager who doesn’t know what Rangers are about.“Alex wouldn’t need any time to adjust, he’d come in and get results straight away.“For me he is the ideal man, without a doubt.“If I think about it, the situation now isn’t so different from the way it was when I arrived at Ibrox.“Celtic were champions, and it was difficult for Rangers.

“Before I went to Scotland, Rangers spent too much money and it didn’t help.

“But I look at clubs now in France and Croatia, and they see academies as the most important thing.

“Rangers need to do a better job with their young teams. That, for me, is the important thing.

“They have missed out on too many young players in the last few years. In my country, Dinamo Zagreb sell their young players all around the world for big money.

“Yet Zagreb is a club that doesn’t even get 5,000 fans at their home games.

“Rangers have a whole country behind them, they have a blue army at every game, but they have not spent their money well recently.

“Every club like Rangers has to have its own academy for its young players.

“Buying players is OK and will always happen, but more needs to be done with the youth.

“Rangers need to formulate a plan, a philosophy, and stick with it.

“There aren’t many players you buy who are going to go and fight for the club.

“But if you create the players from a young age they will do that.”

Maybe Del should hire MW's agent to discuss the matter with his current club ?