Well who's next

If I was trying to manoevre like the three caballeros -talk to a club without permission, and negotiate resignations with the proviso that notice and/or compensation be waived- I should be inclined to take legal advice, rather than leave it to an agent who seems to have had little grasp of Scots Law, and thought that a nod and a wink was appropriate in the circumstances.

Edited by Uilleam

Frank De Boer left Ajax after they fell apart in their final season and then got sacked from Inter. He may sound 10 times better than any other candidate, but I'm not completely convinced about his managerial abilities. If he ended up 17 points off the top in Holland, how will he do in Scotland with a fraction of the resources that Celtic have? Winning the league with a club like Ajax doesn't necessarily count for much, so I'm a little in the dark whether he's a genuine talent as a manager or not. If the alternative is a Scottish manager though, sign him up.

I agree that taking Ajax to the title 4 times may not be the do all and end all but I think we can forget his Inter time. He was taken to inter to change their football philosophy and make them more attacking. He was given virtually no time or leeway to do it and if I remember right he did not even have a pre-season to change things. He inherited virtually all ageing players who were not open to a change of system and he did not speak the language which caused even more communication problems. In this case it was "You can take horses to water but you can't make them drink." That apart the board who brought him in to change the whole philosophy of the club bowed to the players will, leaving it an unworkable situation.

One thing is for sure he will make the best of the youth system if possible and he will continue with attacking football.

If I was trying to manoevre like the three caballeros -talk to a club without permission, and negotiate resignations with the proviso that notice and/or compensation be waived- I should be inclined to take legal advice, rather than leave it to an agent who seems to have had little grasp of Scots Law, and thought that a nod and a wink was appropriate in the circumstances.

Yes and that's what I meant about the story not making much sense. Why would they be that stupid?

According to R. Forsyth on Radio 5, McLeish is the nap.

I've heard McLeish mentioned to be caretaker til end of season.

After that my owm preference would be Marco Silva who has done a great job at Hull City since arriving at the start of last month.

He's only contracted til the end of the season & if Hull do go down I'm sure he'd be more than interested in what we have to offer. He's only 39 & has management experience at Sporting Lisbon & Olympiacos before Hull.

Any appointment will be a gamble but I think Silva ticks a lot of boxes.

According to the majority of fans MW signings have been a failure, so whoever comes in will need a shit load of cash to build a whole new team!

I don't think it's a bad squad. It needs a change of shape and an ability to adapt. The squad will get second comfortably imo.