Well who's next

Which comes 1st: the Director of Football/Technical Director or the Coach/Manager?

I could see an argument for appointing the DoF/TD before selecting the guy to run the 1st team.

I would imagine the DoF would logically come first.

The DoF is ultimately responsible for ALL footballing operations within the club & would therefore be responsible for appointing a 1st team coach/manager. It is vital that the 2 roles get on & there is clear lines of communication between the 2.

Was about to ask the same. DoF is an interesting job description, but how is he working with the manager and vice versa? I reckon it will be different at every other club?

My impression has always been that a DoF/TD will work with a 1st team coach , rather than with the traditional Manager/"Mister"; much of the "managerial" workload will be done by the DoF/TD. Therefore, it is unlikely that a traditional UK type Manager, will sit comfortably within such a structure, particularly if he is a bigger 'name' than the DoF.

It may be an interesting, and prudent, way forward, because either of the two incumbents -DoF or Ist Team Coach- could depart without the total and cataclysmic effect that a Manager's departure has, inevitably it appears. In theory, changes in personnel could happen seamlessly, particularly on the coaching side.

Probably, a good DoF will be harder to replace.

No doubt I am wrong, and will be told so shortly.

I would imagine the DoF would logically come first.

The DoF is ultimately responsible for ALL footballing operations within the club & would therefore be responsible for appointing a 1st team coach/manager. It is vital that the 2 roles get on & there is clear lines of communication between the 2.

I can't disagree.

Posted on FF:

cwoodloyal

On The Bench

05-06-2011

Loyalist Calderwood

Brian Kidd

Just been told he's been approached for DOF role.And has been up for a look around the place.Dont know any more as yet.Will keep you posted.Cheers

No chance. Absolutely none!

On Snyde that Barry Ferguson has support in boardroom for position of head coach alongside DoF. Would normally take that with pinch of salt, however if board members leaking to Jackson then they could be leaking to anyone!

Rangers stated today they'd received a heap of applications which they'd sort through before holding interviews.

I very much doubt Coop that anybody is leaking to Snyde.