Well who's next

Rangers stated today they'd received a heap of applications which they'd sort through before holding interviews.

I very much doubt Coop that anybody is leaking to Snyde.

It was Mark Guidi(a journalist) on Clyde. Did anyone think we would leak to Jackson?? More "leeks" than a Welsh farmer!

I wouldn't be going for BF, he is all out attack too and not got anywhere near the experience.

Edited by cooponthewing

Words of wisdom Graeme Murty was a big help when I was a rookie..now I’d be happy to help him says Alan Pardew

The former Newcastle, West Ham and Crystal Palace boss insists Rangers are in safe hands with*ex-Scotland star

ALAN PARDEW insists Rangers are in safe hands with Graeme Murty.

And the former Newcastle, West Ham and Crystal Palace boss says he will be only too happy to repay a debt to Murty if he ever needs a helping hand in the Ibrox hotseat.

Murty isn’t expected to be in the running to replace Mark Warburton, but his old boss Pardew believes the Ibrox club could do a lot worse.

Pardew was a rookie gaffer at Reading in 1998 when he first came across Murty and he reckons the 42-year-old has all the tools to be a success.He said: “Graeme was worth his weight in gold to me, especially as I was relatively new to the management lark.“He always made really important contributions on and off the field.

“He won’t be short of people in football who will happily help him out because they’ll owe him.“If he felt the need to pick up the phone and get in touch with me, I’d gladly help in whatever way I can.“Graeme’s personal qualities and leadership skills explain why he captained Reading with distinction and are also why I brought him to Southampton as well.

“With a bit of luck he will have someone of a similar ilk to himself when he was playing in the squad.

“He saw things from a team perspective rather than an individual one and that will stand him in good stead with Rangers.“I know he’s a rookie manager and I know Rangers is a massive club, but I really think he will make a good fist of it. I wish him well.“It’s a big job, but hopefully he can show he has the potential to become a very good manager, even if he doesn’t get the Rangers role on a permanent basis.“He’ll have lots of good football people around to help him out and I know he’s smart enough to channel their energy and experience in the right direction.

“I’m sure Graeme will make the right calls on the sideline because he’s got the right temperament.“He never seemed to get too high or too low with his emotions, which is a really important factor.”

Pardew well remembers the rock-solid right-back who served him with distinction.

He recalled: “The late, great Tommy Burns brought Graeme from York before I took over at Reading and it turned out to be a truly inspired signing because Graeme was a great servant to the club.

“Graeme was a low-maintenance type of player who went about his job with the minimum of fuss. You didn’t have to put your arm around him or worry too much about trying to motivate him.

“The game itself was enough for Graeme to keep him focused, so for me he was a really easy player to manage and a really likeable guy as well.

“Even as a young player he had an opinion of the game which not all young players have these days because they just look at themselves as individuals and they don’t always understand the team ethic.

“I felt Graeme got that pretty clear which meant he was really influential on the pitch, on the training ground and behind the scenes, because he understood that the team needed to work asone unit.

“If I remember rightly, he was bought as a winger to play in front of a full-back, but he ended up as a right-back and that’s where I played him because I thought he had great credentials for that position.”

Pardew isn’t surprised that Murty has decided to pursue a career on the touchline.

He always viewed him as a natural leader and believes those qualities can bring stability to Rangers on and off the pitch just when they need it.

Pardew also expects the ex-Scotland star to do things his own way, rather than just stick to Warburton’s template.

He said: “Graeme was a smart cookie, who definitely had a great attitude great engine, great awareness, he always made good use of the ball, and he will go down as one of Reading Football Club’s favourite sons.

“But he also always struck me as someone who could go into the coaching world purely because he seemed to understand what we were trying to do as a team, rather than just looking after himself.

“I welcomed the fact that Graeme was opinionated because you always welcome input from your players and it’s more worrying when there is no feedback within your dressing room. It was helpfulto have someone like Graeme who was always ready to express an opinion or just add something on the training ground or in the dressing room.

“It’s no good when the manager is just banging on about this or that to gee things up if the team isn’t winning second balls, because you need a player to push that as well.

“Graeme would do that from time to time, which I was grateful for.

“He’d often make a valuable off-field contribution if, for example, he didn’t think the team was right or wasn’t getting enough crosses in or no one was covering a wide player.”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/592776/graeme-murty-was-a-big-help-when-i-was-a-rookie-now-id-be-happy-to-help-him-says-alan-pardew/?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-scotsunsport-_-20170215-_-811867393

It was Mark Guidi(a journalist) on Clyde. Did anyone think we would leak to Jackson?? More "leeks" than a Welsh farmer!

I wouldn't be going for BF, he is all out attack too and not got anywhere near the experience.

Guidi, Jackson, Snyde - a shower of scumbags without an ounce of reason who lost all respectability or credence many years ago.

Ferguson can barely speak English. We'd be better off with some Turk directing the squad.

We really should be looking at mcinnis

Does he have experience of winning league titles and competing in Europe? Or at least a lot of experience coaching at a high level? No, so he doesn't seem like an ideal candidate to me. He went to England and bombed and despite being 10 years in management, he's still managing at a low level. That said, we could do a lot worse, like McLeish.

Edit - he did win the second tier with St Johnstone, though that's irrelevant.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Does he have experience of winning league titles and competing in Europe? Or at least a lot of experience coaching at a high level? No, so he doesn't seem like an ideal candidate to me. He went to England and bombed and despite being 10 years in management, he's still managing at a low level. That said, we could do a lot worse, like McLeish.

Edit - he did win the second tier with St Johnstone, though that's irrelevant.

You don't do irony too well, do you ? Hypocrisy you do pretty well though

On the one hand you want a league winning manager or someone who has competed in Europe...... and then immediately crucify such an individual.

You should choose your words a little wiser.

We really should be looking at mcinnis

We really should be aiming considerably higher than McInnes....

He's doing a decent enough job @ Aberdeen, but has he really taken them forward any. What are their European prospects/record???

We need someone who can give Brenda a run for his money,,,,,McInnes simply hasn't done that.