Well who's next

We really should be aiming considerably higher than McInnes....

He's doing a decent enough job @ Aberdeen, but has he really taken them forward any. What are their European prospects/record???

We need someone who can give Brenda a run for his money,,,,,McInnes simply hasn't done that.

Whether you rate McInnes or not, given his resources I'm not sure how close he should be running Celtic. With rather less resources than us, he is currently closer to Celtic than we are. On that evidence he would improve us.

I wouldnt be too unhappy with McInnes given the options currently being discussed. He did manage to get a side to score 7 goals in one league game last night. This season to date we have only managed to score more than TWO goals on one occasion (3-0 v Kille).

It takes us a month to score 7!!

You don't do irony too well, do you ? Hypocrisy you do pretty well though

On the one hand you want a league winning manager or someone who has competed in Europe...... and then immediately crucify such an individual.

You should choose your words a little wiser.

So because I want a manager with experiencing of winning league titles and coaching at a high level that must automatically mean I want every single manager who has ever done this? Try thinking through things a bit more in future. I know jumping down my throat is your favourite pastime on here, but you're just starting to look foolish.

And you're right, I don't want a guy so inept he couldn't even hold down a job in Egypt.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

So because I want a manager with experiencing of winning league titles and coaching at a high level that must automatically mean I want every single manager who has ever done this? Try thinking through things a bit more in future. I know jumping down my throat is your favourite pastime on here, but you're just starting to look foolish.

And you're right, I don't want a guy so inept he couldn't even hold down a job in Egypt.

LOL. Your criteria was a league winning manager or one that had competed in Europe... and then said you still preferred McInnes (who has done neither) to McLeish (who has done both).

The irony is oozing :thup:

You could both be correct. You rightly say that you don't want just anyone who has coached in Europe. But he rightly notes you completely lose your shit at the mere mention of Eck and can't think about him with any perspective.

Whether you rate McInnes or not, given his resources I'm not sure how close he should be running Celtic. With rather less resources than us, he is currently closer to Celtic than we are. On that evidence he would improve us.

McInnes may offer a slight improvement....is that what we want though???

Are Aberdeen performing any better than they have done is past seasons - No....therefore you could argue that he hasn't really improved them either.

We need to aim high with the new appointments. A well experienced DoF is 1st.....someone who knows & understands the current game, inside & out. Then it's up to them to identify a suitable head coach (or what ever title they will have) who is capable of implementing the DoF vision.

Where would you see McInnes fitting into this model??? Does he have the experience/knowledge of the wider UK/European game that we need?? Would he be a DoF or head coach??

The likes of McInnes or the "experience" that Hearts have with Levein & Cathro are fine for domestic stuff - they are happy to simply get into European competition. RFC on the other hand want to get into those competitions are have a seriously good run at them - we need someone who can make that happen again.

We really should be aiming considerably higher than McInnes....

He's doing a decent enough job @ Aberdeen, but has he really taken them forward any. What are their European prospects/record???

We need someone who can give Brenda a run for his money,,,,,McInnes simply hasn't done that.

Hes taken them forward a hell of a lot.

I just mean we should be considering him.

If better is available fair enough.

Does he have experience of winning league titles and competing in Europe? Or at least a lot of experience coaching at a high level? No, so he doesn't seem like an ideal candidate to me. He went to England and bombed and despite being 10 years in management, he's still managing at a low level. That said, we could do a lot worse, like McLeish.

Edit - he did win the second tier with St Johnstone, though that's irrelevant.

Keeping bristol up that first year was the equivalent of winning a league.

Bloody miracle frankly.

I see Garry Monk is being linked. Perhaps a little far fetched, but I'd take Monk; he doesn't have the European experience but is a good, pragmatic and tactical manager (in the BR image...).

Do/did Swansea have a DoF? Another tick if so.

Edited by Rousseau

I see Garry Monk is being linked. Perhaps a little far fetched, but I'd take Monk; he doesn't have the European experience but is a good, pragmatic and tactical manager (in the BR image...).

Do/did Swansea have a DoF? Another tick if so.

Derek Clark ‏@derekclarksport 44m

44 minutes ago

Monk on Ranges link: "I don't comment on rumours, I'm committed to Leeds United & getting most out of players till end of the season" #LUFC