Well who's next

Any good Gerrys looking for a job dB?

Not that I know ... and that list is not inspiring on first glance

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik?statistik=40&plus=0

There are a few murmurs on FF that McLeish was at Ibrox yesterday and at Auchenhowie last week, but whether true or not and for what reason is anyone's guess. It might be a decent idea to have e.g. McLeish (not my favourite) and e.g. that guy Kuhnt who managed in Scandinavia (and may have good connections there) as assistant (with the prospect of the latter taking over in the summer. Murty would still be around in his former capacity.

I'd put Muscat second bottom of the pile, firmly above McLeish.

Who would you like to see. Your negativity would be easier to take if we had a little glimpse of your ideal option.

Did you not have Conte and Chelsea written off after 4 games?

Edited by Rousseau

One thing that worries me is the constant use of bland generic terms used by modern day managers ,

'I won't shy away from my team being competitive, ultimately football is a contest, but I place high importance on possession. Using the ball wisely is the key but we like to attack quickly, a lot of goals are created in transition in the modern game.

This could be cut and pasted into any managers of todays presser and no one would blink an eye , it basically means I'm a hip coach and this is the way we all talk , delivering it though is quite another matter .

I disagree with you rbr: what do the more traditional managers say then that's more insightful? Modern day managers talk about possession and transitions because they're taught how important it is. They perhaps should go into more detail about what this actually means but it's an enlightened era of football managers these days. So it's not hip - it's just the modern language to reflect the modern game.

I do however agree with you that delivering it is the difficult part. However, surely knowing what you're trying to deliver is the first and most important step. Too many managers think you set a formation, bring in the best players you can, motivate them and then send them out to the pitch.

Let's just hope that we get the right guy in charge and that he knows what he's trying to deliver, as well as having the skills to deliver it. If they do that, I don't care How "bland" they are in the pressers.

Who would you like to see. Your negativity would be easier to take if we had a little glimpse of your ideal option.

Did you not have Conte and Chelsea written off after 4 games?

Frank De Boer's the only option that looks remotely interesting.

And I criticised Conte and Chelsea early in the season quite rightly. I changed my view on that quickly.

Most things I get right :whistling:

Lawrie's a polly these days is he not. Still, he'd jump at the Gers job, as long as he could work from the Central Coast

Mayor of Gosford, I think. Met him and Muscat watching on old firm game in the Canberra RSL a few years ago. Good bear and nice bloke. Did a decent job at CCM too (though that should not be taken as a recommendation for the Gers job!)..

Edited by Oleg_Mcnoleg

Frank De Boer's the only option that looks remotely interesting.

And I criticised Conte and Chelsea early in the season quite rightly. I changed my view on that quickly.

Most things I get right :whistling:

Fine then,who do you want as our new manager.?Never mind"remotely interesting"or"i changed my view".

Who do you WANT.Within reason.