Well who's next

Lets just give our full backing to Murty until the end of the season and see how it turns out , he may turn out to be a first class manager/coach .

Have you heard something I havent? Until the end of the season??

Of course he will get backing of the support and lets see how he does game by game.

It could well be that we have to continue with Murty and cant put someone in for legal reasons if the 3 amigos are saying they havent resigned.

LOL. Your criteria was a league winning manager or one that had competed in Europe... and then said you still preferred McInnes (who has done neither) to McLeish (who has done both).

The irony is oozing :thup:

1. I want a manager with the criteria I stated.

2. I don't want McLeish for reasons already stated.

Do you understand yet? I'd rather have McInnes because I consider McLeish to be completely useless. McInnes isn't someone that particularly interests me though.

It's like me saying I want us to sign an internationalist striker who's scored at the highest level. That doesn't mean I'd want us to go and bring James Beattie back.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Seeing Mcleish elswhere at 1/14!!.Dont know where the bookies are getting those odds from.

Somebody has stuck £250 on Big Eck, and Bookiesplc has had a fit of the vapours.

It would make sense to have the DoF in place before further recruitment, unless the Board wishes an appointment pro tem, to the end of the season, when they propose to employ a DoF and a Coaching Team.

The DoF route seems to exclude the usual suspects, beyond the shortest of short terms, unless one of those usual suspects is plucked from his billet, and installed as DoF.

Kevin Muscat in the frame according to The Sun.....

The former hardman defender has earned rave reviews for transforming the Aussie A-league outfit.

And SunSport understands Muscat’s name has been mentioned as a possible candidate to take over from Mark Warburton.

The 44-year-old had a year at Ibrox as a player as part of Alex McLeish’s treble-winning squad in 2003.

Gers chiefs are now drawing up a shortlist of targets with Muscat seen as an outsider for the position.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/597430/former-rangers-hardman-kevin-muscat-shock-contender-to-replace-mark-warburton-at-ibrox/?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-scotsunsport-_-20170216-_-812580084

Can't see Muscat somehow. But you never know.....

I'm beginning to wonder why we need an interim manager. I wonder if the delay in appointing someone likeMcLeish means the board are having second thoughts.

Some decent candidates have already emerged such as Gary Rowett & Allan Kuhn. We need someone with like them with contacts in the game to get us younger players in to establish themselves in our first team who can then be sold on for profit. Like it or not that's where we are & so are the yahoos.