Well who's next

I think after BREXIT EU players will still be able to come to the UK and play as they are just now. The EPL would struggle without them

Some of them will be able to come but not nearly as many or as straightforwardly:

"Once Britain's demarcation from the EU is finally drawn, footballers looking to ply their trade in the UK are likely to be subject to a similar set of rules that govern transfers from outside the region (assuming Britain does not appeal for a quasi-European open border scheme modeled after Switzerland and Norway, which appears unlikely considering remarks made by new prime minister Theresa May)."

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/19/football/brexit-effect-on-english-premier-league/

" Article 19 of the Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players bans the transfer of minors, defined as players under the age of 18. There are three exceptions. One: kids moving for non-football reasons (like a parent getting a job in a new country); two: youngsters residing near a border; and three: transfers of minors between the age of 16 and 18 within the EU or EEA.

Obviously, in the event of Brexit, that could not happen. That would mean that Manchester United could not have signed, for example, Adnan Januzaj of Belgium or Timothy Fosu-Mensah of Netherlands, or that, back in the day, Spain's Cesc Fabregas could not have left Barcelona for Arsenal.

Now, a number of European clubs -- not just in the Premier League, but elsewhere, too -- exploit a loophole in legislation allowing them to sign players when they turn 16, often with little or no compensation. That would become illegal. "

http://www.espnfc.us/blog/marcotti-musings/62/post/2900922/how-brexit-will-impact-the-premier-league-and-its-players

Utter nonsense. He was cracking for 3 years and god awful for one.

To categorise him as a monumental disaster makes you look stupid

- Record consecutive losses to Celtic.

- 2 and and half months without a victory (record 10 games)

- Knocked out by Viktoria Zizkov in Europe with a team containing Klos, Amoruso, Ferguson, Arteta, Numan, De Boer etc.

- Third in the SPL with a squad on big money, below a team of Lithuanians.

- Numerous awful signings like Capucho, Emerson, Ostenstad, Mladenovic etc. All players on a fortune.

- Brutal football once he had his own players.

- Has been a complete disaster and repeatedly sacked ever since. Last season failing in Egypt!

Let's review his positions since leaving:

Scotland - did well initially but lost to Georgia and ultimately failed.

Birmingham City - relegated twice. Left under a cloud.

Aston Villa - almost relegated and sacked. In charge less than a year.

Nottingham Forest - sacked after barely a month.

Genk - sacked after less than a year.

Zamalek - sacked after a couple of months.

Good managers don't get sacked repeatedly over a short period like that.

The guy's absolutely awful. He can't hold onto a job in Egypt FFS

One word Rab - brexit.

We might be ok for this and next season. After that I'd say all bets are off.

I dont think Brexit will even happen. The powers that be dont want it and will get a second referendum therefore players / managers will still be able to come and go.

If it is this Portuguese fella who takes over the most desirable job in Scottish football, it would be a joy as if by his fathers command that he boots a couple of those Scottish mhedia baw bags right in the nuts as he makes his way from the airport to Ibrox!

The powers that be wanted to stay in the Union...

The powers that be wanted Trump as President...

The powers that be wanted Brexit...

The losers want a 2nd opinion!

Democracy at its worse!!

Edited by Bearman
comma where it shouldn't be...

The powers that be do want it: 52% of us to be exact. There is no debate as to whether it will happen.

And you think the regime care with the population think. If it was that straight forward it would be happening by now and not going to house of lords for voting and trying to get another referendum pushed through. Best example is Lisbon treaty - ireland voted no, the powers that be wanted a yes so they came back and had the second referendum.

I dont see the issue though, expats around the world apply for visa / residence when being accepted for jobs where there is no system like the EU, not sure why the UK deny foreigners - The Premier League down south would be finished.

However you go back to the 3 foreigner rule in the 80s and early 90s, this was the last time we could compete in Europe and thinking of the 1992/93 CL run our side was full or Scots / English.

I'll say though this has taken the thread on a new path about who is next.

Edited by Gribz

I dont think Brexit will even happen. The powers that be dont want it and will get a second referendum therefore players / managers will still be able to come and go.

I happen to agree with you mate. Since the day after the referendum I've been saying that the politicians will scare us all to death with what's going to happen and will find a way to wriggle out of the result.

Theresa May seems steadfast right now but I'm just waiting on something happening which removes her, placing some "let's stop for a minute" guy at the helm and causing it all to change.