Well who's next

He's certainly someone different so very difficult to guess how well he'll do and how well he'll work under a DoF.

Apparently he's a trained bullfighter, albeit the bulls they fight in Mexico are a bit smaller and mostly for the tourists......

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-contender-pedro-caixinha-portuguese-9945882

For what little it might be worth the same source that told me McLeish and Rae were in the frame, told me they rejected the temporary gig; and that Pedro Caixinha will be announced as the new manager in the morning.

Time will tell.

To me his record is a little underwhelming, but the big attraction might be if he could bring a few Mexicans or Portuguese who will not be on high wages and who could add a bit of the quality that we need.

If he was doing so well...why did they sack him???

I'm not saying he is not right for the job, but I just don't see the huge appeal for someone who has a managerial career that spans 2 clubs, neither of which were much better then mid-table English Championship - is that the standard we are to get excited about??

Yet McLeish gets slaughtered even though during his time at Rangers, he had a 65% win ratio and even with a couple of club disasters, has an overall win ratio of 46.3% (827 games) compared to Rowett's 42.3% (248 matches). For the record, I am not an advocate of Eck either - he's had his time.

Now is not the time to be looking at rookie managers.....

Eck's win record is irrelevant. Ultimately, he was a monumental disaster who cannot even hold onto a job in Egypt.

Eck's win record is irrelevant. Ultimately, he was a monumental disaster who cannot even hold onto a job in Egypt.

Utter nonsense. He was cracking for 3 years and god awful for one.

To categorise him as a monumental disaster makes you look stupid

Goalkeepers make shite managers generally.

I'm not so sure about that. There are fewer of them, but the ones I know of have done not too badly. There is Nigel Adkins, getting Southampton promoted; Leonid Slutsky, overseeing CSKA Moscow's dominance in Russia; Dino Zoff had a spell at Juventus; Julen Lopetegui had a wonderfull spell at Porto, now the current Spain manager; Nuno Santo was manager of Porto too, doing very well, and also managed Valencia; and even in your Netherlands there was Michel Preud'homme, who was runner-up with Twente? Not too shabby to me.

Now that I see it, Porto seem very willing to appoint Goalkeepers and relative unknowns like Andre Villas-Boas and Mourinho alongside those 'keepers above. Surely they have a bit of money to attract a bigger name -- I wonder why they go with younger, unknowns? They certainly have that demand to win, but then they do generally have the best squad alongside Benfica. Interesting...

Utter nonsense. He was cracking for 3 years and god awful for one.

To categorise him as a monumental disaster makes you look stupid

As I said elsewhere, it is rather lamentable that people in this day and age live in the world of superlatives and use them very liberal.