Well who's next

Well here's hoping that this Pedro guy, however you pronounce his name, gets nowhere near our club.

Take a look at his record. A complete nobody who has done nothing at any level. It reminds me of the tims signing Dr Jo to take on Advocaat - oh how we laughed!

I'd take Rowett in a heartbeat over this guy. I'd even take Eck ahead of him. I cant say strongly enough how bad a decision that would be. I just get a really bad vibe about him when Bluedell gave those facts about his recent managerial career the other day. There was nothing there to be positive about.

The leagues over there is a cup still to be won its another long shot so I would stick with young Murty until the end of the season that will give our directors a decent time to get the right man in place

Well here's hoping that this Pedro guy, however you pronounce his name, gets nowhere near our club.

Take a look at his record. A complete nobody who has done nothing at any level. It reminds me of the tims signing Dr Jo to take on Advocaat - oh how we laughed!

I'd take Rowett in a heartbeat over this guy. I'd even take Eck ahead of him. I cant say strongly enough how bad a decision that would be. I just get a really bad vibe about him when Bluedell gave those facts about his recent managerial career the other day. There was nothing there to be positive about.

What makes Rowett a much better option than Caixinha???

According to wikipedia, he has managed 2 sides - Burton Albion & Birmingham City. He has managed 248 matches with a win rate of 42.3% (don't know how this compares to Caixinha). He was sacked from Brum in 2016 with the team sitting 7th in the Championship.

I almost get the impression that the board are deliberately leaking awful targets to make big Eck look favourable.

I really just can't be bothered anymore if Eck comes back. It would be one of the most idiotic decisions we have ever made.

According to wikipedia, he has managed 2 sides - Burton Albion & Birmingham City. He has managed 248 matches with a win rate of 42.3% (don't know how this compares to Caixinha). He was sacked from Brum in 2016 with the team sitting 7th in the Championship.

Now that isn't telling the whole story at all is it. Birmingham were actually doing very well at the time and only 1 point off the playoffs. They punted him and hired Zola in his place and they have been in free fall ever since and currently find themselves in 14th place now. They are missing him a lot. However out of all those candidates I have no idea who would be idea. Not convinced any of them fill me with great hope but only time will tell. Hopefully we have someone that is willing to look for players outwith england and the lower leagues down there.

The season before Rowett took over at Burton Albion they were 17th and he took them to the play-offs the following season.

Likewise at Birmingham they just avoided relegation and he took them to 10th the following season and they were lying 7th with resources much less than many other clubs in the division when he was sacked.

The season before Rowett took over at Burton Albion they were 17th and he took them to the play-offs the following season.

Likewise at Birmingham they just avoided relegation and he took them to 10th the following season and they were lying 7th with resources much less than many other clubs in the division when he was sacked.

If he was doing so well...why did they sack him???

I'm not saying he is not right for the job, but I just don't see the huge appeal for someone who has a managerial career that spans 2 clubs, neither of which were much better then mid-table English Championship - is that the standard we are to get excited about??

Yet McLeish gets slaughtered even though during his time at Rangers, he had a 65% win ratio and even with a couple of club disasters, has an overall win ratio of 46.3% (827 games) compared to Rowett's 42.3% (248 matches). For the record, I am not an advocate of Eck either - he's had his time.

Now is not the time to be looking at rookie managers.....

We have to take a risk on these appointments, and I'd like us to take relatively big risks. We already know what some of the established managers can do, and it isn't a lot, even with money. I'd like us to go for someone who can really make the whole far better than the sum of the parts. After all, that's exactly what we're going to need until we can compete financially again.

I thought MW was the man to do that but it hasn't worked out. But just because it didn't work with him doesn't mean we should stop taking these risks. If we don't take risks it'll be a decade before we reach a state of parity. If do take a risk with Wilson (for example in the DoF role) and a relatively obscure manager it could all go pear-shaped again, but I'd rather take that risk than run with the certainty of mediocrity next season. I just don't think I could cope with the lack of hope that comes with some of the names mentioned.

We can't have it both ways. We can't catch :them: as quickly as we all want without taking risks. We're an impatient bunch afterall. But this of course means there's the chance of further setbacks. Are we willing to accept that risk? I am. I just hope the board has the guts to take more risks without jeopardising our long term plans.