Well who's next

Most of the stories in the news and social media are coming about as part of a vicious circle. Someone posts on twitter or a forum... journo picks it up as a story... gets reported as a "story" on other social media and gathers pace.

The betting odds are so volatile because people are putting money on names because of the stuff they're hearing as a result of the above. Its nonsense. The Board appear to be playing a blinder in terms of keeping the candidates names confidential.

The Ross Wilson for DOF seems to be the one consistent rumour from the outset though.

Edited by ascender

GERS NEW BHOY Rangers managerial contender Pedro Caixinha is a former CELTIC talent spotter

The Portuguese coach*- now the bookies' joint favourite to replace Mark Warburton at Ibrox - was hired to scout for the Parkhead club in 2009

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/657241/rangers-managerial-contender-pedro-caixinha-is-a-former-celtic-talent-spotter/

Most of the stories in the news and social media are coming about as part of a vicious circle. Someone posts on twitter or a forum... journo picks it up as a story... gets reported as a "story" on other social media and gathers pace.

The betting odds are so volatile because people are putting money on names because of the stuff they're hearing as a result of the above. Its nonsense. The Board appear to be playing a blinder in terms of keeping the candidates names confidential.

The Ross Wilson for DOF seems to be the one consistent rumour from the outset though.

I think that you are probably correct.

It would be interesting to know, in these "special" betting markets, just how much (little, more likely) money it takes to move a runner up a point or two,

One thing seems clear, the press is guessing, as are other media, all of which is amusing.

600k compensation due for Caixinha is the latest story.

That'll be him ruled out then.

Why do you say that?

As much as King made an ar$e of his statements around what money would be invested and how, the board have stumped up cash for fees and wages when there's obviously been solid reasoning behind it. I'd imagine if there was reasonable compensation needed to get their new management team in place, funding would be forthcoming.

Qualities I feel we need for the DoF & head coach roles:

- good communicator

- Proven Tactical knowledge

- Command respect

- Effective training methods

- Ability to identify errors & adjust accordingly

- Clear vision of how the team should operate

- Clear vision of the type/style of play to achieve team/club goals

Now, he's the thing....many of these traits apply to both positions. Therefore, both roles must be able to work VERY closely together in order to achieve the stated outcomes.

Stuff like tactics should be discussed regularly between the coach & DoF - whats working & whats not. Team selection should be discussed weekly before a match - the Coach should be able to clearly justify to the DoF why any one player is in the team. That's not saying that the DoF decides the starting 11, but he should be consulted and be given the opportunity to question the Coaches decisions. Ultimately it will be the DoF's responsibility to ensure that the team is playing in a particular manner (ie. winning), therefore he should be able to question if/why an under performing player is regularly included in the squad.

Who should be doing the jobs - I've no idea, but I think a balance of Old head/experience for the DoF role, with a younger head coach seems the most likely option.

I think you've got the DoF role slightly wrong. The DoF should have no say whatsoever in tactics and team selection.