Well who's next

Im of the same opinion as you Craig. I'm not sure anyone except FDB would have though.

It seems quite a lightweight appointment but we don't have the financial pull to attract anyone of substantial note.

Once it's official at least we won't feel in limbo anymore.

I don't think it's lightweight at all. One thing we now need is someone with global contacts to recruit better quality players at affordable prices. Caixinho ticks that box. This was the major drawback of having MW as manager whose recruitment seemed limited to the most expensive league in the world i.e. England.

I think many wanted F de B but to me that was always a non-starter for financial reasons alone

what has this guy achieved in management to even be considered for the manager's job?

If you're going to go on trophies won then you'd best go for McLeish. Good luck with that one. You'll certainly need it.

Regardless of who went we for on the alleged lists there would always be risk attached. Caixinho seems an experienced coach with plenty contacts which we will need.

Weiss on Pedro Vladimir Weiss warns Rangers flops: Pedro Caixinha won’t stand for underperformers… make the same mistake twice and you’ll face his wrath

The ex-Rangers winger is not surprised his former club have made the Portuguese boss their No1 target

IF Pedro Caixinha wants any advice on life at Rangers there’s a Weiss man he can talk to.

But Vladimir Weiss doesn’t expect the Portuguese coach to be turning up at Ibrox with questions.

The way he sees it, Caixinha will be the one with all the answers.

Weiss is Caixinha’s star player at Qatari club Al-Gharafa, and the little Slovakian winger loves playing for him.

He has formed a tight relationship with 43-year-old Caixinha and is not surprised his former club Rangers have made him their No1 target to take over from axed Mark Warburton.

Weiss has given SunSport a glowing insight into Caixinha, insisting he’s a tough disciplinarian and perfectionist who will get things right at Ibrox.The 27-year-old said: “Pedro is a very positive person in every situation.

“But if there is something wrong with the way we are playing, or our discipline isn’t what he thinks it should be, then he can be very strict.“There have been times when players have made mistakes and that’s OK. But you can only do that once with Pedro.“If they do it twice, he’s not a guy who forgives people.

“He has his principles and that’s a very good thing for any manager to have.“Don’t get me wrong, Pedro is easy to work with. If you do everything properly then you won’t have a problem. He is a sweet guy.“But if you don’t behave like he wants then you will hear about it.”

The way Weiss sees it, that’s exactly what Rangers need right now.

The former Ibrox winger still watches their games whenever he can, sitting in front of his TV in his old jersey, willing them on.

But he knows there’s a lot wrong that needs fixing.

Weiss added: “I am not surprised Pedro is someone Rangers are interested in.“I know the fans maybe haven’t heard about Pedro Caixinha, but I didn’t know him either before working with him here.

“But although there are a lot of good managers in the world, I think Pedro could help Rangers.“I watch all their games and from what I can see there is talent there. But there is something missing. If you ask me, Pedro could be the guy to change that.

“I have been with him for a year and a half now.“The first time I met him I had a very good feeling from him as a person and that was one of the main reasons I signed for Al-Gharafa.

“One of his big strengths as a coach is that he’s tactically very good. His preparation for matches is excellent, and we always know what we need to know about our opponents.

“He’s also someone who always thinks positively. He pushes us to the limits and psychologically he’s always thinking about making sure we’re mentally ready. Pedro was successful in Mexicobefore coming to Doha too.”

The pressure of bossing Gers was something Warburton just couldn’t handle.

From day one the job was too big for him. He thought he knew what was expected of him, but he simply didn’t get it.

Could the same thing happen to Caixinha? He wouldn’t exactly be coming from the toughest league in the world.

Weiss, though, insists the Portuguese coach won’t be fazed by the job or be the least bit overawed.He added: “Pedro is not someone who feels pressure.

“Let’s talk about Rangers as a club. They are massive and there is a huge expectancy level at Ibrox no matter what.“People will probably be thinking about how this is a massive chance for Pedro. But he won’t see it that way.“Sure, it’s a big opportunity and a big team, but he’ll believe in himself and he’ll be confident he could do well.

“He’s not a guy who will think about the size of Rangers and be scared by it. And no matter what, he’s not a guy to feel pressure.“Pedro doesn’t act differently whether we are winning or losing. He’s got his own mentality and his own principles on how to play.

“He is the type of person who gives 100 per cent. He will arrive three or four hours before the players to prepare. Everything is always done perfectly.“All the training sessions are sharp and you can see right away he is a guy who loves his job.

“Pedro is a good communicator too. He speaks perfect English and it’s one of his strengths, his ability to get his message across.”

Gers fans will be hoping Caixinha is the next Special One.

Weiss said: “I think Pedro has the same agent as Jose Mourinho, so there is one connection.“I’ve never worked with Mourinho, but I’m sure in some way they share the same Portuguese mentality and style.”

But what about Weiss? He’s said many times he would love to return to Rangers before the end of his career.

Could that happen if Caixinha moves to Scotland?Weiss added: “I have a three-year contract here, so that’s not going to be easy. But you never know.”

I don't think it's lightweight at all. One thing we now need is someone with global contacts to recruit better quality players at affordable prices. Caixinho ticks that box. This was the major drawback of having MW as manager whose recruitment seemed limited to the most expensive league in the world i.e. England.

I think many wanted F de B but to me that was always a non-starter for financial reasons alone

The problem with players spotted via "global contacts" though is Rab - many are unable to get visas allowing them to play in our league.

If it's 50/50 then the manks can usually get around the rule.

The rest of us need not apply.

Players who have so many, whatever the amount is, full international caps will be outwith our price range.

The problem with players spotted via "global contacts" though is Rab - many are unable to get visas allowing them to play in our league.

If it's 50/50 then the manks can usually get around the rule.

The rest of us need not apply.

Players who have so many, whatever the amount is, full international caps will be outwith our price range.

What about all the Brazilian players who come over to Portugal & get Portuguese passports ? They don't require work permits

Like to think this is one option Caixinho would think about if he gets the job.

English championship and League one players I'm fed up with...they play there for a reason and that's why Warburton brought them to us.

I'd like an Eastern European coach in place, with bags of knowledge of players from that part of the world.

I'd have those types before Brazilians tbf.