Well who's next

This from a paper which imo must be ran by some bead-rattler due to the negative stories they constantly put out -

http://www.brechinadvertiser.co.uk/news/gary-rowett-has-held-talks-with-rangers-over-managerial-vacancy-1-4384838

Then we have The Express saying the Portuguese guy within 48 hours, ---

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/775837/Rangers-next-manager-Pedro-Caixinha

There's a helluva lot of kite flying going on.

This from a paper which imo must be ran by some bead-rattler due to the negative stories they constantly put out -

http://www.brechinadvertiser.co.uk/news/gary-rowett-has-held-talks-with-rangers-over-managerial-vacancy-1-4384838

Then we have The Express saying the Portuguese guy within 48 hours, ---

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/775837/Rangers-next-manager-Pedro-Caixinha

There's a helluva lot of kite flying going on.

The men in the know on FF are saying that Gary Rowett was indeed interviewed but found not to have the experience. Pedro Caixinha is said to have blown away the interviewers with his answers that he is now pretty certain. They also say that Parks son is leading the interview team. They are also saying 48hrs until the announcement.

Rangers seal Pedro Caixinha deal: Portuguese boss set to complete move in time for Celtic

PEDRO CAIXINHA is expected in Glasgow to complete his switch to Rangers in the next 48 hours.

By Scott Burns

PUBLISHED: 00:05, Tue, Mar 7, 2017 | UPDATED: 00:15, Tue, Mar 7, 2017

Talks have advanced with the Portuguese coach and the club is confident a compensation deal can be done with his Qatari club Al-Gharafa, where he still has four months of his contract to run.

The deal is likely to be quickly ratified by the Rangers board to see Caixinha step in before the weekend visit to Celtic.

Caixinha emerged as the Ibrox board’s top target to replace Mark Warburton after he was interviewed by a three-man Ibrox delegation in London.

There were claims that there could be late opposition from some directors to the move, but the backing for Caixinha was described as “unanimous” last night.

Weekend reports had appeared to suggest that support was growing within the Ibrox boardroom for an approach to Aberdeen for their manager Derek McInnes, after former Gers boss Walter Smith stated he would back his appointment.

However, the deal for Caixinha has now been rubberstamped.The 46-year-old has managed in Mexico with Santos Laguna, and at Nacional and Uniao Leiria in his native Portugal.

He has limited knowledge of the Scottish game, although he completed his coaching badges under the SFA scheme.

If the deal goes through as expected Caixinha could take charge of the team at Celtic Park on Sunday.However, he may decide to leave caretaker gaffer Graeme Murty in charge until he finds his feet.

There had been reports that Southampton’s Ross Wilson had turned down the director of football role, but Rangers are believed to still be waiting for a decision from him.If Wilson does reject the Light Blues’ offer, Tottenham’s Paul Mitchell is among other candidates who will be considered.

Better candidate than Wilson IMO

You know, I always thought Wilson was the better option because he currently works at Southampton, whereas Mitchell is/was at Tottenham which isn't the best example of the DoF. However, doing a bit of reading I do agree that Mitchell seems the better option. He's hampered at Tottenham with very little control. Moreover, he actually had a helping hand in developing Southampton's model, whereas Wilson has just been able to use it, in a way. We need someone to actually develop the model. Both are good candidates, but I now agree that Mitchell shades it because he can develop the model with us; which is what we need.

I don't understand the criticism that he [Caixinha] doesn't know the Scottish game. What is that, the long ball? What makes the Scottish game so difficult to comprehend? We get pumped by European sides in the first round of the Europa League every year.

Edited by Rousseau

I don't understand the criticism that he [Caixinha] doesn't know the Scottish game. What is that, the long ball? What makes the Scottish game so difficult to comprehend? We get pumped by European sides in the first round of the Europa League every year.

It is run by and for one club. It happily wounds itself out of hatred towards its most successful club. It terrorises its referees into being afraid of upsetting the club in sentence one. It is reported on by bigots with a not so hidden agenda. It's national manager is an idiotic misogynist from Neanderthal times - he is also characteristic of those in the game............

Need I go on?

It is run by and for one club. It happily wounds itself out of hatred towards its most successful club. It terrorises its referees into being afraid of upsetting the club in sentence one. It is reported on by bigots with a not so hidden agenda. It's national manager is an idiotic misogynist from Neanderthal times - he is also characteristic of those in the game............

Need I go on?

Never noticed mysoginist leanings by Strachan, what makes you say that ?

If we get either Wilson or Mitchell I'll be quite happy. It could be either as Mitchell was linked with a return to Soton if he extricated himself from his Spurs notice period.

I hope it was the successful DoF candidate hat picked the head coach though.

Edited by Frankie