Well who's next

Rangers still confident of getting P Caixinha as manager. No Ross Wilson & they now see director of football as a longer term project...

Alison Conroy Radio Clyde

A bit of a mess we have got ourselves in.

Edited by chilledbear

I agree that the theory is we get the DoF first and then the head coach afterwards, but does it really matter? If I had the choice of a head coach or a DoF right now, I'd prefer the head coach. Maybe I'm alone in that thinking.

But then again, in theory there's no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

If we can't get someone like Mitchell or Zorc, or Kluivert (who are all way out of our league) I wonder if we could get other ex Ajax players interested. Afterall, it was Ajax and Barcelona that championed this idea and many of their players are very familiar with the setup. As an interim step I wonder if we could get Overmars, Limanen, Blind, or even R de Boer? Not sure what they're up to but they'd know how it worked and might get us started. Probably dreaming again, but I've come to the right place for a bit of optimism haven't I?!?!?

Edited by Gaffer

Rangers still confident of getting P Caixinha as manager. No Ross Wilson & they now see director of football as a longer term project...

Alison Conroy Radio Clyde

A bit of a mess we have got ourselves in.

How have the club got us in a bit of a mess? They offered a job to the best candidate in their eyes, he turned it down( all this according to the msm). What should they do, just offer it to someone they know will jump at it irrespective of talent & experience?

These posts are in the wrong thread!!!

Edited by BEARGER

This from Ben Jacobs Senior Journalist/ Commentator BeINSports, ESPN.

@Harrythehorse56 I think it's a very risky appointment. He's excellent at spotting and developing talent but Rangers huge is a step up

@Harrythehorse56 he's not done brilliantly at Gharafa but at least did badges in Scotland so knows the SPL well. He's ambitious, too.

@Harrythehorse56 My sense is he could build strong foundations but won't help you catch Celtic any time soon

@Harrythehorse56 My sense is he could build strong foundations but won't help you catch Celtic any time soon

Still details to be ironed out: compensation (if he leaves now), clarity over new Rangers director of football, but deal basically done

@rob_k_rfc I mean he's a tactician and excellent at spotting/developing youth. Did badges in Scotland so knows SPL well.

@rob_k_rfc I know he's only just become available but I would be gunning for Bento over Pedro if I was Rangers

@rob_k_rfc but Gharafa are just a mid-table Qatari side so he's been hired on potential and Santos record not recent form

The search is over....

Coisty says no DoF, and Wattie says McInnes.

Problem solved, RFC - get it sorted.

I'd thank WS for his recommendation.

After his last recommendation(McCoist) I think we'll pass on this one.

:lover::basher:

Yes we can get the Ally smilies out the mothballs.:D

He's as delusional as ever:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-rangers-boss-ally-mccoist-9990896

Tosser. Doesn't mention that he promised he'd vote and then didn't, oddly enough, Even ignoring that glaring omission, a defence that consists of - "I've been caught doing wrong but hey others did wrong too" is not much of a defence. "Your honour, I know I robbed a bank but others have in the past, too" Judge: "Good lord, how true. Case dismissed." - nah...... Not a good analogy I know as the bank robbers had not made a very good living our of and professed undying glove to the banks in question.

Edited by SteveC