Well who's next

Never noticed mysoginist leanings by Strachan, what makes you say that ?

Not seen it myself but tends to use the term "wee lassie" I hear? I guess he comes across like that? I would call him a misguided rip roaring self sycophantic patronising narcissist, who is not a very good manager. Then again, I just don't like him.....

I don't understand the criticism that he [Caixinha] doesn't know the Scottish game. What is that, the long ball? What makes the Scottish game so difficult to comprehend? We get pumped by European sides in the first round of the Europa League every year.

Don't see that as a problem either. We need someone to come in with fresh ideas.

Someone that's not bogged down in "this is how things are done in Scotland"

Just because every other team do things a certain way, doesn't mean we should follow.

I don't understand the criticism that he [Caixinha] doesn't know the Scottish game. What is that, the long ball? What makes the Scottish game so difficult to comprehend? We get pumped by European sides in the first round of the Europa League every year.

It always seems a kind of strange, insular, circular argument, or, more properly, attitude: our standards are poor, but that is the way things are, that is how we like it, and that is how we want it to stay. The people who promote and defend this nonsense are the self same people who bemoan the standards of the National XI, but fail to make the rather obvious connection.

Moreover, if the proposition applies to coaches/managers, then, surely, it applies more to players. Hence, for example, the abject failure of Brian Laudrup at Ibrox, and, of course, Albertz, Numan, van Bronkhorst, etc....

I couldn't care less if he knows the Scottish game. It's probably advantageous if he doesn't.

What concerns me more is I have no idea why we'd be interested in him.

Don't see that as a problem either. We need someone to come in with fresh ideas.

Someone that's not bogged down in "this is how things are done in Scotland"

Just because every other team do things a certain way, doesn't mean we should follow.

We've had two managers, Le Guen and Warburton who tried to change how we play and both failed.

I've always thought that it's the mindset of the players that causes us to fail and that's the reason so few of our men are ever asked to play for a European club.

We've had two managers, Le Guen and Warburton who tried to change how we play and both failed.

I've always thought that it's the mindset of the players that causes us to fail and that's the reason so few of our men are ever asked to play for a European club.

I disagree with the Warburton part.....I think he did bring about a very notable change in playing style, which when executed properly was a force to be reckoned with. The problem was that he didn't have the "full package", he lacked the ability to apply subtle changes if matches weren't going according to plan.

PLG, tried to implement change, but I believe that the players at the time, the Club and many fans, we not open to accepting that change, adapting very much a "siege" mentality - "This is how we play, this is how we've always played...".

However, the game has moved on and the Club as been through some drastic changes which have encouraged people to embrace the change & adopt a more forward thinking view.

Never noticed mysoginist leanings by Strachan, what makes you say that ?

He can't stand when females ask him questions and so he is often very rude. Disdain drips from him.

He attempted to humiliate one journalist in a packed, male dominated pressroom by answering her query "I could explain it but it would be like you explaining childbirth to me." He also once, with a staggering lack of insight into how society in general (and marriage to him in particular) works by saying his wife was against women in football and therefore "it cannot be sexist" to say so, "can it?" The male interviewer in question that time was too stupid/frightened to answer and said nothing.

Edited by SteveC

I disagree with the Warburton part.....I think he did bring about a very notable change in playing style, which when executed properly was a force to be reckoned with. The problem was that he didn't have the "full package", he lacked the ability to apply subtle changes if matches weren't going according to plan.

PLG, tried to implement change, but I believe that the players at the time, the Club and many fans, we not open to accepting that change, adapting very much a "siege" mentality - "This is how we play, this is how we've always played...".

However, the game has moved on and the Club as been through some drastic changes which have encouraged people to embrace the change & adopt a more forward thinking view.

PLG completely bombed after leaving us so that suggests he was never very good in the first place. Warburton was a revelation in the first season and a complete disaster in the second. We have played with no style at all this season.