Statement from King

At June 2016, the loans from investors were £10m. This increased to £12.9m by October 2016 and the board said at that point that they would only need a further £0.75 million to see them to the end of the season.

Why is it suddenly £18m? Are the board's forecasts so materially out? Are they incapable of getting a relatively simple cashflow correct?

Is that not because Mr King is being disingenuous by including the purchase price of shares which as you rightly point out are not investment in the club.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

The purchase price of shares? No. It wouldn't and it wouldn't (shouldn't) be included in King's £30m/£18m either. He's talking about investment in the company/club, and what shareholders pay for shares isn't relevant.
buying shares in a company is investment. Either way the £5m is included in the £18m all ready spent

buying shares in a company is investment. Either way the £5m is included in the £18m all ready spent

An investment for the benefit of who? If I spend £500K on shares next week and send £5 in an envelope to the club. The club is £5 better off. I haven't invested anything in the club and for me to suggest otherwise would be disingenuous as BH suggests.

If King and co spend £12m on shares tomorrow are they really going to say that they have met their obligation?

As I said before, a chairman of a PLC should not be including personal purchases of shares from third parties in any figures in respect of investment into the club. It's misleading and if we were a quoted company, he would be in serious trouble from regulatory bodies.

It's behaviour that's not worthy of someone holding his exalted post.

Not every share is a new share, and not every investor invests only in new stock.

King might reasonably argue that his shares are an investment, and, furthermore, that he bought them -had to buy them- to gain control of the Club.

Not every share is a new share, and not every investor invests only in new stock.

King might reasonably argue that his shares are an investment, and, furthermore, that he bought them -had to buy them- to gain control of the Club.

You are reinventing the financial wheel here , he can't reasonably argue anything , what he spent to buy shares is his and only his business , whether that was £1 or £100 million , it isn't investment.

He's using the old SDM smoke and mirrors trick and some are buying into it , it's bullshit .

To invest means to put money or resources aside for that project.

The literal definition of investment in finance is to use money to acquire an asset that in the future will give you a return. Anyone not including the purchase price is wrong in afraid

Edited by trublusince1982

To invest means to put money or resources aside for that project.

Chairmen of PLCs do not do what you are saying. Through my job I am responsible for investing 8 figure sums so I have a little idea as to how these things work. There's no way ANYONE in the financial sector would include personal investments in shares in respect of what their company was doing. Financial companies would walk out and he would have no credibility if he tried it in the city.

You can try and spin it how ever you want but he is being misleading.

Chairmen of PLCs do not do what you are saying. Through my job I am responsible for investing 8 figure sums so I have a little idea as to how these things work. There's no way ANYONE in the financial sector would include personal investments in shares in respect of what their company was doing. Financial companies would walk out and he would have no credibility if he tried it in the city.

You can try and spin it how ever you want but he is being misleading.

so are liverpool and man u in trouble? their boards did exactly the same thing

Your changing terms its not a personal investment its a facet of the project, indeed a key component. #

If this is the level of complaint they must be doing a decent job.The term investment includes all resources put towards the project.

same as when fuel is charged back as an expense, the same principle applys. The cost of the fuel didnt go to the project but it facilitated the project so is included