[FT] Dundee 2 - 1 Rangers (Garner 62)

Oh dear.....

The defeat, I can handle....it's the way it happened that is the problem.

What really gets me:

we are getting seriously pushed/challenged by:

- Teams with budgets that are laughable by Rangers standards

- Players who we deem "not good enough" to play for Rangers

- Managers who should never darken the RFC managers office

Yet, these players & managers are consistently getting the better of us.

Something MUST change & the Board must surely see this and act accordingly. I don't know whether it is to to with the players, recruitment or how the management go about their day-to-day business, but it's broken.

Watching that "team" (and I use the term very loosely), they hadn't a clue what they were doing - I'm sure on more than one occasion players actually tripped over each other.

Players were constantly out of position - Tav being one of the worst offenders. I lost count of the times he appeared more in left mid than right back. This obviously left a massive hole in the defence for Dundee to exploit.

There was absolutely NO cohesiveness.

We played with 3 strikers recognised on the pitch, yet still didn't threaten - our only goal being a massive surprise, either because we actually did score, or coz it was scored by Garner.

I would have loved to have heard what was said in the dressing room immediately after the match, and certainly on the bis back home.

This is not dissimilar to any no of cries from the heart about , and denunciations, condemnations, etc., of ,McCoist's teams, and I mean that as no criticism of your good self.

I felt that McCoist's management was characterised mainly by laziness, and cyncism: sign experienced players, who looked good elsewhere, "knew Scottish fitba'", and rely on their talent and experience to ensure a winning combination, with the "efforts" being focused on building team spirit (darts tourneys, ffs).

I have come to the conclusion that the current mob, the players, are for the most part not good enough, even to be the best of the rest. I think that you can criticise Warburton's idee fixe of one model of play, too; if it is not broken, don't fix it, of course, but when the ba' is quite clearly burst.....

I feel some sympathy for Graeme Murty, precipitated into this mess. Any coach/manager, I think, would struggle to impose tactical change and flexibility (Plan B, maybe C) on players many of whom do not look like they are capable of adaptation, or are even willing to try.

One cannot manufacture a Magic Hat from out of a sow's ear.

Maybe, Murty, or another coach can galvanise the team, and get them over the line into second spot -second! second! I can't believe I am writing this!- but I am doubtful.

I don't think Murty is to blame as some are suggesting. I must admit, when I saw the lineup yesterday I was pleasantly surprised - it looked like a 4-4-2 with Miller and Garner up top so I was pleased he had the guts to try something different. What materialised was in large part down to the players throwing in the towel OR just not being very good footballers.

I was somewhat irked when the camera focused on our bench during the second half and you see O'halleron and Forrester sharing a wee joke, looking relaxed and unconcerned that we were getting beat. That kind of summed up the attitude of a majority of our team for me. There just seems to be a complete lack of concern for our current position and form.

Also, is it just me or is the relationship between players and fans just gone now? Represented no better than the attitude of Halliday these days. The days of badge kissing and fist pumping to the crowd appear to be long gone. After any whistle now it's head down and get down the tunnel. For me the players just aren't responding to the fans concerns anymore, if anything they are scared of the (albeit often OTT) fans reactions but what other way do we have to convey our concerns? We desperately need an interim manager who can focus our players again for the run in - McLeish being an ideal short-term candidate for me.

I was raging with Murty's team selection yesterday at 2.15pm when I heard it, and announced I expected us to lose. The team lined up in a 4-2-3-1 formation with all the wrong players in all the wrong positions. Selecting Kiernan, Halliday, and Miller was all bad enough for me, but to play Hyndman in a deep midfield role after 2 good performances in a more advanced role and a poor performance in that defensive role last week was clearly wrong. The game passed him by. Selecting Halliday at all was a mistake, his ability and confidence levels are such that he should see no first team action again this season, and the exit door thereafter.

I am assuming Senderos was injured (anyone clarify?) and that Kiernan had to play, but yet again he has shown that last seasons form where he was clearly not good enough for the Scottish Championship has been carried through, yet up a level his errors are punished even more.

Then we have the "3", of Waghorn, Miller and McKay. two centre forwards and a playmaker in a midfield trio. So do we play McKay in the number 10 role where his creativity can be put to good use? No, we stick him out wide with no support and play the uncreative Miller as the creative number 10, despite him having none of the attributes to play there successfully. I was into double figures for passes which didnt find a Rangers player from Miller before I stopped counting with plenty of the game remaining. If anyone doubts that, the full match is readily available for you to check. 6 league goals in 25 games, truly awful.

Waghorn is a central striker, not a wide forward (certainly not a right-sided forward) and not a midfield player with defensive responsibilities. While he has been poor, he is still our top overall scorer this season despite missing a lot of gametime or being played out of position.

Garner is whole-hearted but has no quality.

Just in case my rant missed out on our utterly useless keeper, yet another really poor goal conceded from "Wes the timewaster" who not only costs us goals with his awful positioning and concentration, but costs us around 5 minutes each match with his delays of game from goal kicks and passbacks.

Thanks for what you left us Mark, an utter shambles full of fully-contracted English 4th tier players. Thanks a heap.

I am assuming Senderos was injured (anyone clarify?) and that Kiernan had to play,

Murty had said pre-match that Keirnan had "trained like a beast" all week an had earned his starting spot.

However, he didn't specify which beast....I'm assuming a sloth ;)

Murty had said pre-match that Keirnan had "trained like a beast" all week an had earned his starting spot.

Trained like a beast, played like a bHeast. If Murty has Senderos fit and available and not only selected Kiernan in front of him, but also picked Wilson for the bench ahead of, well, everyone, then he goes further down in my estimations than the very low starting point I had with him.

Trained like a beast, played like a bHeast. If Murty has Senderos fit and available and not only selected Kiernan in front of him, but also picked Wilson for the bench ahead of, well, everyone, then he goes further down in my estimations than the very low starting point I had with him.

There were plenty of 'Senderos should never wear the shirt again' posts after his last outing against Morton. Not from me, I should add. He certainly wasn't great but thought a couple of (admittedly pretty terrible) errors overshadowed his overall which was okish, especially as he's been out of the team for so long.

There were plenty of 'Senderos should never wear the shirt again' posts after his last outing against Morton. Not from me, I should add. He certainly wasn't great but thought a couple of (admittedly pretty terrible) errors overshadowed his overall which was okish, especially as he's been out of the team for so long.

Agreed....

Keirnan is just making FAR too many errors & poor decisions. Maybe a longer spell out of the squad will make him buck up his ideas - I think he has some talent there to make a pretty good CB, but he certainly hasn't been showing it.

So does that mean that Senderos had not trained like a beast or anything else and that even if you are clearly not good enough for this level and caught out time after time you still get a game because you train hard? Senderos may not be the player he once was and he may never have been the player that some thought he was; but he has played at a level that Kiernan can only dream about and has 57 caps for Switzerland who are generally ranked in the top 10 in Europe and the top 20 in the world.

Kiernan couldn't hold down a place in a Championship level team for any length of time and his chances of playing for Arsenal or anyone else in the EPL (never mind England) exist only in the darkest recesses of MW's mind.

Senderos is the best right sided CB we have and should be playing.

So does that mean that Senderos had not trained like a beast or anything else and that even if you are clearly not good enough for this level and caught out time after time you still get a game because you train hard? Senderos may not be the player he once was and he may never have been the player that some thought he was; but he has played at a level that Kiernan can only dream about and has 57 caps for Switzerland who are generally ranked in the top 10 in Europe and the top 20 in the world.

Kiernan couldn't hold down a place in a Championship level team for any length of time and his chances of playing for Arsenal or anyone else in the EPL (never mind England) exist only in the darkest recesses of MW's mind.

Senderos is the best right sided CB we have and should be playing.

Iwill agee with you on that bh.He should also be going very fast----in the summer.