Best Gers XI

Restricting it to those in my lifetime (despite my dad's many stories of previous legends):

Goram,

Jardine,Gough, Smith, Caldow

Greig, Gascoigne, Baxter,

Henderson, D Johnstone, Laudrup.

Negri pre-injury would be in and it breaks my heart that Bud isn't.

Oh Bollocks and Derek Johnstone - I took McCoist out to put him in but Ally should be there, really and Forrest.....

Edited by SteveC

Derek Johnstone or Colin Stein would be in before Hately imo.

I'm not going to go to the barricades on that!!

H & McC I put in as a pair, because of their success as a pair.

I swithered about DJ as a centre back, actually.

Goram

Hutton Butcher Gough Brown

Laudrup Durrant Gazza Cooper

Negri Mols

(Negri was a goal machine)

How depressing it is doing this though. How long will it be before we change our best XI to include a current player?

Doubt it'll happen in my lifetime. Here are some names that weren't in my team: Wille J, Brand, Butcher, Stevens, Steven, Klos, De Boer, Forrest, Negri, McCoist, Stein and OMG, Cooper and Souness. So they'd have to be better than these far less the 11 I chose.

Edited by SteveC

Couldn't decide between kilos and goram. Not a bad subs bench for goalies. Bobby Russell was a very good player but not in the world class bracket. We could easy have a genuine world class midfield.

Bobby Russel played a big part in our 2-3 defeat of PSV in Eindhoven if I remember correctly. That was the first time they had ever been defeated at home.

Restricting it to those in my lifetime (despite my dad's many stories of previous legends):

Goram,

Jardine,Gough, Smith, Caldow

Greig, Gascoigne, Baxter,

Henderson, D Johnstone, Laudrup.

Negri pre-injury would be in and it breaks my heart that Bud isn't.

Oh Bollocks and Derek Johnstone - I took McCoist out to put him in but Ally should be there, really and Forrest.....

That is getting near to my favourites but I personally would have Willie Johnston or Davie Cooper in instead of Laudrup