Best Gers XI

Its been years since we did this.....and with a lot more new posters (with age mwah) it will get interesting.

For me

Goram

Stevens Gough Moore Robertson

Laudrup Gascoigne De Boer Albertz

Mols McCoist

Edited by Gribz

I don't really want to name a team as I think it is an age thing. I would say Tom Forsyth is the best defender I have seen but my father would say it was Willie Woodburn and you say Gough. Willie Henderson and even Tommy McLean left a bigger impression on me than Laudrup did but as I say I think that is age. I can't think of a better right back than Sandy Jardine in my time. Anyone seeing Willie Johnston buzzing down the left wing could never pick anyone else for that position. Neil McCann and Bobby McKean were also fantastic wingers but were they better or worse than Davie Cooper? I would also say Ian Durrant would have been one of the greatest Rangers players ever if he was not scythed down. On technical ability John Greig would never get into a best Rangers team but I have never seen anyone else with the heart that Greig had.I wish we had 11 of him today. In my eyes we had no better striker than Colin Stein but looking at Goals then McCoist outstrips everyone. If you take it down to goals per game then Marco Negri must be near our best ever striker. So many things to choose from and I can only say I have loved so many and I hope we get back to producing great players again.

Goram

Hutton Butcher Gough Brown

Laudrup Durrant Gazza Cooper

Negri Mols

(Negri was a goal machine)

How depressing it is doing this though. How long will it be before we change our best XI to include a current player?

Its been years since we did this.....and with a lot more new posters (with age mwah) it will get interesting.

For me

Goram

Stevens Gough Moore Robertson

Laudrup Gascoigne De Boer Albertz

Mols McCoist

We must be similar ages, some of those will be in my team, but I started going early 80's so some of Jock's team might be in mine........ ok, maybe no. ?

Thinking..........