Rangers v St Johnstone - match preview

Being lazy here - how far in is the waghorn penalty claim? Thanks is advance!

You miss some fine shots from Hyndman and Holt in the first half though. You'll find it in 14.50 in game time, and slow mo with 13.45 remaining (the clock on the right ticks down).

It's about as blatant a red card as your likely to see. He slides in 2-footed and takes the StJ player on the back of the ankle.

Whilst I think it is a red I also think you are having a laugh when you say he is sliding in two footed. Take a look again.... and tell me how he can be sliding in two footed when his left leg is folded underneath him as the right foot makes contact. How is that a two footed tackle ??

Stupid tackle in no-mans land. Given the current rule book it looks like a challenge from behind to me and therefore a red. That said I have seen much worse get off without even a foul, though that is usually when a Rangers player is the victim of said foul.

The Waghorn foul thing was borderline, with a good shout for ... a free kick just outside the area.

When you see the moving pictures re theKiernan foul, the Saints player just got up from falling himself, sprinted towards the ball and essentially fell backwards when he had contact with both ball and Kiernan. Methinks Kiernan tried to jump in front of him but caught the player as well, who was already slipping and falling ... which spared him from more harm. According to the rules, a good shout for a red card. According to the rule book applied in Scotland, a clear yellow with some leeway towards red.

Whilst I think it is a red I also think you are having a laugh when you say he is sliding in two footed. Take a look again.... and tell me how he can be sliding in two footed when his left leg is folded underneath him as the right foot makes contact. How is that a two footed tackle ??

Stupid tackle in no-mans land. Given the current rule book it looks like a challenge from behind to me and therefore a red. That said I have seen much worse get off without even a foul, though that is usually when a Rangers player is the victim of said foul.

SzClcnP.png

I still say he slid in two footed inasmuch as he slides along the ground with both legs, albeit I agree and so stated in the other thread that he only made contact with one foot.

If you look at the video again, would you not agree that he is actually in the act of straightening his left leg at the point of impact, rather than bending it.

In any event what he does with his left leg isn't important other than perhaps a judgement on the amount of force used and the impact; we are agreed it's a straight red.

I also agree that it's a stupid tackle because the opponent is facing away from our goal in no man's land, so no danger to us whatsoever. Therefore it's not only stupid but reckless and Rangers should have said so, never mind a worthless appeal, that will mean uncertainty up to the 2 days before the Celtic match.