[FT] Rangers 6 (Waghorn 33 pen; Garner 48, 88, 90; Toral 77; Hill 82) - 0 Hamilton

What a freakingly weird day: ahead at half time/ Ref not giving every decision against us / 6 goals for us and weirdest of all - two goals from corners.

And some might say it's weird that Garner gets a hat trick and even scores with his feet.

Can't argue with that scoreline.

Accies were awful but we worked hard and kept creating chances and, for a change, we took them along with the odd bit of luck along the way.

Enjoy your weekend, bears!

I would assume the chaps over at Sky will go bonkers about Foderingham and Garner not getting red cards ...

Probably a bit high a scoreline, yet, given the chances we let go, still within the right limits. The only thing you could bemoan today is the fact that we know how these players can play, but haven't done so against similar teams like today's.

Job done, let's hope the rest of the quarter finals go against the formbook.

And some might say it's weird that Garner gets a hat trick and even scores with his feet.

Also weird was the injury time. 2 minutes. And yet we had a over 5 minute of injury stoppages and (I think) 6 subs!

I was happy to see a halftime substitution with Garner coming on rather than the Warburton habit of waiting till the hour or after when we're running out of time for a sub to get himself into it and change anything.

I thought Toral and Kiernan were excellent. Miller was piss poor, so I was pleased Murty subbed him at half-time for Garner. We must've been practicing corners -- I can't remember the last time we scored one?

I really think there has been small improvements under Murty. The first couple of games were poor, but we did create a lot more chances. We were good against St Johnstone, but crumbled when down to 10-men before getting out of jail. Today we continued that attacking form, creating several very good chances, and I thought we were a little tighter today. We seem to be more aggressive too. Although I want a more experienced coach in, I wouldn't mind seeing him stick around. He'll probably go back to the U20's, but hopefully we see him progress under us. He's done well. I am curious to find out whom has been advising him behind the scenes?

I would assume the chaps over at Sky will go bonkers about Foderingham and Garner not getting red cards ...

Probably a bit high a scoreline, yet, given the chances we let go, still within the right limits. The only thing you could bemoan today is the fact that we know how these players can play, but haven't done so against similar teams like today's.

Job done, let's hope the rest of the quarter finals go against the formbook.

Listening to radio on way back from game and the usual suspects going berserk over Garner and Wes not being sent off. It was also "never" a penalty apparently(looked one to me) you could hear the frothing as their bitterness bubbled over.

Flicked from BBC Scotland to Snyde and both questioning the officials! "Bottled" it and "shocker" were term used amongst other more flippant.

Great day and happy we are in the semi!! Pleased for Garner and I also thought Toral is looking more comfortable in every game. All in all a pleasing afternoon. Bring on the Mhanks!!

Edited by cooponthewing

Listening to radio on way back from game and the usual suspects going berserk over Garner and Wes not being sent off. It was also "never" a penalty apparently(looked one to me) you could hear the frothing as their bitterness bubbled over.

Flicked from BBC Scotland to Snyde and both questioning the officials! "Bottled" it and "shocker" were term used amongst other more flippant.

Great day and happy we are in the semi!! Pleased for Garner and I also thought Toral is looking more comfortable in every game. All in all a pleasing afternoon. Bring on the Mhanks!!

http://www.footballinsider247.com/chris-sutton-man-difference-rangers-win-v-hamilton-not-garner/

What else would we expect ?