Club 1872 Stewart Robertson Meeting Summary

i wish they'd asked them who gave the green light to last summer's atrocious transfer market dealings

The board?

Good interview. Not a lot that we didn't already know but with the rumours and constant negative news about Rangers doing the rounds it's always good to hear the club say we are not in financial trouble.

i wish they'd asked them who gave the green light to last summer's atrocious transfer market dealings

I'll admit though that I was quite pleased at the time with the signings we made. I really wanted a strong centre back too, but the others (including JB) seemed like the right signings. I think it's easy for us to use this benefit of hindsight to criticise FMcP and MW but with better man management and guidance (and a bit of luck with injuries) I think we could have had a decent season. If Rossiter, Kranjcar and JB had worked out we'd be in a decent position right now. They didn't for different reasons and that's football.

I just think it's crazy to blame the manager (or board) when at the time many of us were delighted with these signings, and I think they were the best we could hope to acquire with our budget. But I accept I may have been alone in feeling that way.

I'll admit though that I was quite pleased at the time with the signings we made. I really wanted a strong centre back too, but the others (including JB) seemed like the right signings. I think it's easy for us to use this benefit of hindsight to criticise FMcP and MW but with better man management and guidance (and a bit of luck with injuries) I think we could have had a decent season. If Rossiter, Kranjcar and JB had worked out we'd be in a decent position right now. They didn't for different reasons and that's football.

I just think it's crazy to blame the manager (or board) when at the time many of us were delighted with these signings, and I think they were the best we could hope to acquire with our budget. But I accept I may have been alone in feeling that way.

I'm sorry gaffer, but when you make a barrowload of signings and most of them are never seen again or those who are turn out to be absolute shyte, then it's perfectly correct to question the manager.

The "If your auntie had baws" scenario has no place when it comes to the cold hard facts of results.

I'm sorry gaffer, but when you make a barrowload of signings and most of them are never seen again or those who are turn out to be absolute shyte, then it's perfectly correct to question the manager.

The "If your auntie had baws" scenario has no place when it comes to the cold hard facts of results.

I get that, and you're stating the obvious - now. But at the time these did look like good signings. Of course the manager should be measured on results but it could have turned out differently, and the manager gambled on that. That's all I'm saying. There are such thin margins between winning and losing. Here's hoping the new manager can come in and demonstrate that by turning this squad into winners.

Of course Ranieri knows all about that.

Edited by Gaffer

JB was a disaster. Most knew it would be.

Rosseter and Niko were risks worth taking.

BOTH breaking down was bad luck.

Very true about JB. I think we all thought he'd be a disaster but I really hoped it would turn out differently. Maybe MW thought he could tame him. It's a real shame about NK and JR though. Rossiter in particular is someone I think we all have high hopes for still.

The player problem has arisen because of MW's tunnel vision on where he was getting them from which he tried to mask with a so called "marquee" signing,and his plaA better system.He just did not rise to the task of being in a better division.

That was an awful lot of words that said............not a lot.

Well done to Club1872 to take the time to ask the questions. It is not their fault the patsy couldnt give them any proper answers that mean anything to fans. Lots of hot air and vague promises (well will do better, we are committed etc).

3 weeks since Warburton left, nearly 4 since they first intimated their resignation was imminent, and still no appointment is not being thorough, it is incompetent.

Yes, if you were in their position you'd do all things necessary in no-time.

Sometimes you really wonder in what world people life in ... :facepalm:

The player problem has arisen because of MW's tunnel vision on where he was getting them from which he tried to mask with a so called "marquee" signing,and his plaA better system.He just did not rise to the task of being in a better division.

If truth be told we felt at the time a good candidate for the job, he was experienced in the cut throat life of business and enhanced his position in football in taking Brentford up a big notch or two after doing great things in developing young footballers.

Incredibly with a CV like that it was felt he had to come to Rangers then everything went from high to low...a disaster with disastrous consequences kicked off with his signing of Barton and not having the guts to confront his mistake, short introduction to real management ultimately ending in failure! Now he wants to take us for a ride! Stick yer dunces hat where the sun don't shine Mark!