[FT] Celtic 1 - 1 Rangers (Hill 87)

Just logged on and been reading the comments with interest.

Think Madden will be hauled up to SFA for having the cheek and affrontery to book "Brown the Ego"

Brenda has nothing positive to say about a team better than St.Mirren.

Our team showed they can roll up their sleeves and be counted.

What a finish by,not Hill,but Graeme Murty THANKS MR MURTY.

Thought we put up a very courageous and disciplined performance and I felt were a bit unlucky to go in one down at half time as Celtic hadn't really troubled Rangers defence and Waghorn missed when clean through on Gordon. Celtic dominated the first 30 minutes of the second half but only had a couple shots wide and one great save from Fotheringham. When Murty took off the ineffective McKay we powered forward in the last 10 minutes and deservedly equalised. I think bringing on Forrester to let Windlass move inside was the decisive move. Tactical substitutions rather than subs just for the sake of it.

Hill was immense not just his tackling and distribution but guiding all around him. A captain's performance in all but name.

Instead of blaming the referee Rogers should look at some poor performances from Celtic's big players especially Dembele and Sinclair.

If Pedro wasn't bringing his own guys I would have thought Murty was worth a shout as his assistant. At least he can say he took the team to Parkhead and came back undefeated.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Brenda, "We're disappointed that none of the four officials saw the incident and gave us a penalty."

Maybe because none of the four officials was standing behind the goal, the only place they could have been to make the decision to award a penalty ?

Still, it's always better to sink to the level of the dementeds I suppose.

Great quick response from the stewards/police there charging to the front of the Rangers section. I mean you canny be too careful with a couple of thousand Rangers fans celebrating a late goal at the piggery in a tight match now can you. If that's the response when there are so few of us what's the Semi final going to be like if we go a goal or two up in the last 5 minutes?

Great quick response from the stewards/police there charging to the front of the Rangers section. I mean you canny be too careful with a couple of thousand Rangers fans celebrating a late goal at the piggery in a tight match now can you. If that's the response when there are so few of us what's the Semi final going to be like if we go a goal or two up in the last 5 minutes?

To be fair to the police they always come out to the corners when a goal is scored by either team in an old firm game and for a brief moment it did look as if some fans were about to jump the fence.

They were also quick to stop numerous Celtic fans who tried to pass up the London Road in front of the walk up for Rangers fans before the match and I saw them move very quickly in some force to intercept a lone Celtic fan intent on breaching the police line at the top of Springfield Rd and another at the side of the Emirates Stadium after the match.