RangersFC has today confirmed Pedro

This appointment really baffles me.

If we got 60 applicants, in what universe does a CV like Pedro's get past the first round of selections onto even our longest of long lists? Show me the list of the 60 CV's we got in for the job and I will pick 30 better candidates than what we have ended up with. All very suspicious.

It is one thing to say he interviewed well, what I want to know is how on earth he got an interview with his dismal track record of nothingness in the footballing wilderness?

I will of course give him every chance and support at the games, but I fully expect this to be our Dr Jo, and my crystal ball predicts this guy to be gone before the start of the 18-19 season. At that point whoever was on the selection panel should be sacked as well.

His back room appointments will be very interesting. If he brings in a assistant who knows us and the game here, he will have a better chance. If he brings in all his own men his demise will be all the quicker.

I'm completely uninspired.

Sometimes things just don't smell right from the outset, and this is such an event.

suspicous? What'd you think is happening ? park and co got together and thought how can we blow millions of our own money?

It's their money on the line so if you think they are not doing everything they possibly can to mitigate any loss your miles off. Do you really think they have put in £4mish each to not do what's best for the club?

Edited by trublusince1982

Yes, it says after Sunday's game he'll return to his role as U20's Coach.

I'd like to see him stick around, and eventually get a role with the first-team. He's done well with what was left of him.

I'm happy for him to return to the Under 20's and he should be judged on how he brings players through to be ready for the first team. That's his job.

IF he does well in that role after 2-3 years, you can think about promotion to be part of the first team coaching squad, but I can't agree he has done well in his 5 games in charge, as those two away defeats were as bad as I have ever seen from a Rangers side. I'm not blaming Murty as it wasn't what he was at the club to do, but similarly I cannot offer any praise either. Of course tomorrow will be the game he will be remembered for.

For someone like Murty to be left in charge for 6 games just so we can appoint an absolute nobody from the other side of the world is a total disgrace from our board, who have disappointed me greatly this season with their handling of the Barton affair, the Warburton fiasco and now the embarrassing overly drawn out managerial appointment circus.

suspicous? What'd you think is happening ? park and co got together and thought how can we blow millions of our own money?

It's their money on the line so if you think they are not doing everything they possibly can to mitigate any loss your miles off. Do you really think they have put in £4mish each to not do what's best for the club?

I absolutely believe they are trying to look after their investment to the best of their ability. I don't believe for a moment anything corrupt is happening at board level, but something is definitely not right when it takes 5 weeks to make an appointment of this nature. I want to know who sifted through the CV's and created the long list, who then trimmed that down to a short list, who done the interviews, and who decided to give the job to Pedro. Were there agents or non-employees involved in this process?

I am struggling to believe that good honest Rangers men and experienced businessmen like Gilligan, Park, Murray can be responsible for this farce?

I absolutely believe they are trying to look after their investment to the best of their ability. I don't believe for a moment anything corrupt is happening at board level, but something is definitely not right when it takes 5 weeks to make an appointment of this nature. I want to know who sifted through the CV's and created the long list, who then trimmed that down to a short list, who done the interviews, and who decided to give the job to Pedro. Were there agents or non-employees involved in this process?

I am struggling to believe that good honest Rangers men and experienced businessmen like Gilligan, Park, Murray can be responsible for this farce?

I think a lot of us have reservations about this appointment, mostly due to having never heard of the guy. But as you say he will have our full support. Where did you get the 60 applications from? If there were that many a good few would be at the level of experience of Caixinha I would think. Anyway he here now, time will tell.

His back room appointments will be very interesting. If he brings in a assistant who knows us and the game here, he will have a better chance. If he brings in all his own men his demise will be all the quicker.

I happened to notice an 'article' in the gutter press recently.

It suggested a list of possible assistant managers for him to appoint including Baz, Jig, Alex Rae and Peter Løvenkrands.

The suggested reasons for hiring these guys included such gems as 'knows the club inside out' and 'knows what the club is all about'.

I hope he brings in his own back room team.

They are rolling the dice,hoping for a double six.I hope their luck holds.Something tells me it wont.

For our amusement, would you mind giving us the name of someone else you think we could/should have had instead? I'm astonished at the negativity you're showing around this. I'm so glad we have a board willing to take these types of risks.

I wish we had an emoji which shakes its head in disbelief because I'd be using it a lot right now.