So what do you expect

Well at last we have a new manager if I am honest I know nothing of him and before the past couple of weeks had never heard of him .

So what do you/me expect to change a different playing style perhaps attacking football a more secure defence maybe ,of course its the seasons run in that's all over so come next season he will if the board spend the money have some of his own players so what's the main changes you would like to see ,

Expect the unexpected!

I think a lot will depend on if we still go for a DoF and who the 'local assistant' will be. The last thing we want is for Pedro to not be able to run things his own way so harmony is a must between those running things.

I think he will be able to attract a few unknown signings in the summer and he does need to sort the defence out. Bar Clint Hill we are poor there. In midfield our best player is a loan signing in Hyndman - I wonder if we could get him back for another year but the lad has talent so I doubt it. McKay is our most creative player so a team built around those two next season would be refreshing.

Upfront the jury is still out in Garner. Doodo is turning out to be a bizarre one and Miller at the end of his career so Pedro has rebuilding to do.

I expect a good run to the end of the season and to get 2nd in the league. The Cup is a free swing then the manager gets a full pre season and Europa league proper should be targeted.

I expect a fresh pair of eyes to review the team structure & training methods. I also expect him to build on the work done to date by MW etc.

Hopefully Pedro will clearly identify some short term fixes ie. defensive training, finishing etc. Areas that can be addressed with the current players. Depending on how that goes, will determine any new players to be brought in.

IF he can get the defence working as a cohesive unit, there may not be a massive need to strengthen - maybe just a bit of backup. I still maintain that our current squad have the ability to really push Ceptic and to take care of the other teams with relative ease....Firstly, the squad need to believe that, secondly, they need to show it on a much more consistent basis - 10-15min flashes of ability are simply not good enough.

Ultimately, Pedro must identify who can step up & who can't.

Longer term, he needs a clear vision of what he wants his team(s) to look like & perform. Identify weaknesses in the Scottish game that can be exploited to our advantage.

I don't know anything about Pedro but the unknown quality of this manager is far more appealing/exciting than the list of so called "safe" Scottish and ex-Rangers names that were trotted out by the Media. The thing that I want this guy to bring more than anything is a mind set, an attitude and a confidence that can be soaked up by the players. We don't have a brilliant squad but we know all players can find new levels under the right guidance

I don't know anything about Pedro but the unknown quality of this manager is far more appealing/exciting than the list of so called "safe" Scottish and ex-Rangers names that were trotted out by the Media. The thing that I want this guy to bring more than anything is a mind set, an attitude and a confidence that can be soaked up by the players. We don't have a brilliant squad but we know all players can find new levels under the right guidance

That's something that they just couldn't get their heads round on SSB last night, after Pedro said that he "believes that we have the best squad". Shuggie Keevans couldn't wait to get stuck in about Ceptics 30+ points advantage etc. Completely missing the point that Pedro want's his players to believe that they are the best & that they are more than capable of beating all before them.

If every one of our players truly believe that they can beat ANY opponent, we will do well.

What would I like to see:-

1) Hold on to hill for one more season to help any central defender coming in or develop some that we have.

2) Again keeping Kenny Miller for same assisting in development.

3) Make sure that he has a cohesive unit and shuts up loudmouths like Halliday.

4) Just give us hope again and not issue repetitive statements about pln "A" etc.

I hope he:

1. Gives us an identity in the way we play. MW started to do that but we seemed to be bossed by other teams too much. I'd like us to be "aggressive" (as Pedro said in his interview) and control games. For the past year we've only played our way when the other teams allowed us to.

2. Is strong in the media and treats with them with the respect you'd expect from a Rangers manager, but with a little edge just to remind them that they are insignificant as far as our support/club is concerned.

3. Gets a reaction from the players. We need to see the desire return to the team. Individual players show it but the whole team needs to. They are not winners yet but I hope he can make them understand what that mentality is and how to use it in games.

4. Is able to get the team to adapt his philosophy quickly enough to impose ourselves in the league and cups this season. This may not be possible but 2nd place is achievable with a bit of luck too.

5. Plays players in positions that suit them, or change the system. This was the one thing that really frustrated me with WS and MW. Both had their favourites and would play them despite their obvious flaws in certain positions.

6. Gives us something to be optimistic about going into next season.

7. Gets the money and invests it wisely in 2 or 3 new players.

8. Proves the doubters wrong and has to update his brilliant answer accordingly .... "why do I still think we're the biggest club in Scotland? I give you two numbers ..... 146 years old and 55 league titles. GIRUY."

Not much to ask for is it?!?!?!?

The quarter cynic in me says, expect the worse but plan for the best, then the three quarters positive in me says shut the feck up ya wee cynical twat. We'll' win the Scottish cup this season and the league next year.

Edited by aweebluesoandso