"I spoke to a lot of people at Celtic and they are quite happy with that" = obviously

i think that this is relevant to "Rangers Chat" but if I'm wrong.....admin will do their duty!

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12017/10809088/gordon-strachan-to-rest-celtic-stars-against-canada

Gordon Strachan will give his Celtic regulars a rest on Wednesday when Scotland host Canada in a friendly.

The Easter Road game is serving as a warm-up for Sunday's World Cup Qualifier against Slovenia at Hampden Park.

Strachan will hold back some of his key men for the weekend as he aims to revive a qualifying campaign that has yielded just four points from four games - including a 3-0 defeat at Wembley in November.

He said: "They have played a lot of games. Broony (Scott Brown) is up to 40 games, Stuart Armstrong has played a lot of games, Kieran Tierney has played every game he could possibly have played in apart from the injury he got, and Craig Gordon has played a lot.

"I spoke to a lot of people at Celtic and they are quite happy with that. They played on Sunday, they have had a lot of games and they are not part of this build-up.

"Leigh Griffiths has not had as many games. He could be the exception and probably will see minutes on Wednesday."

Strachan could announce his line-up in advance and is promising the Tartan Army a high-tempo performance.

I've always thought Strachan dug himself into a hole when he recalled Brown for the England game at Wembley. It backfired & Brown was virtually anonymous.

This latest nonsense does him no favours either. He looks like a manager clinging on to his job. He'll be gone soon & the SFA blazers will be back to square one yet again

I've always thought Strachan dug himself into a hole when he recalled Brown for the England game at Wembley. It backfired & Brown was virtually anonymous.

This latest nonsense does him no favours either. He looks like a manager clinging on to his job. He'll be gone soon & the SFA blazers will be back to square one yet again

I'd be happy if Brown remained anonymous rather than plain and simply garbage.

A couple of years ago he was getting games for Scotland while every fan at the Methodome wanted him chased.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it reads, to me, like the bauchle intends to take on a 'must win game' (his words) with a team that has not played together before.

Extraordinary, but I do agree that the paramount consideration for any manager of the National XI is sufficient rest for players from fhilthfootballclub.

Edited by Uilleam

Craig Gordon has played a lot.

Strachan thinks an old firm goalkeeper needs a rest? Taking knocks and getting worn out standing on that goal line? The spectators are expending more energy and taking more knocks.

The less Celtic players in a Scotland team the better. Drop them for the next game as well. It is of course utter bullshit as all players have roughly played the same amount of games. The bottom line is all celtic players won't play friendlies.

Let me be a bit cynic here ... this obviously exposes the best players of other teams who still fight for valuable points to possible injury ... which - much in line with sporting integrity - offers no advantage to the Yahoos, of course.