Balaban keen on Gers move

BBC Scotland understands that Croatian international forward Bosko Balaban is interested in a summer move to Rangers.

The former Aston Villa striker has one year left on his current contract with Belgian side FC Brugge.

And it is thought that a fee of around �£1.5m would secure the services of the 28-year-old.

Balaban cost Villa �£6m when he joined from Dynamo Zagreb in the summer of 2001, but only appeared 11 times and failed to score.

He moved back to Zagreb on loan for a year before signing for FC Brugge during the 2003-04 season.

Balaban was included in the Croatia squads for the 2002 and 2006 World Cups and has scored 10 goals in 30 international appearances.

I remember him having a bad spell at Villa but not as bad as the Equador striker who went there (or was that Southampton?) Ive no idea about his spell at Brugge.

Its a name that makes sense as I'm sure Prso has been talking up the club. 1.5M for a 28 year old internationalist? Doesn't look like too bad a deal. Could it be between him and Healy maybe?

Depends on Prso's situation and what is done about Sebo and Novo.

A bit of a risk if you ask me. He was absolutely gash at Villa and had an even worse scoring record than Kenny Miller.

he was at villa 7 years ago when he was only 21, hardly fair to judge his career on that. He has 1 goal every 3 games at international level and thats a pretty decent record.

• 2 weeks later...

Luc Devroe the technical manager of Club Brugge said today that six players will be leaving at the end of the season. He said they have shown here that they can't play football, maybe they can do better at another club.

Well that fills me with confidence on Bosko Balaban right away or is it sour grapes.