The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

If that's the going rate for a "player of his calibre"....we should expect:

- £15m for McKay

- £5m apiece for Crooks & Windas

- £7.5m for Kiernan

- £10m for Tav

- £10m for Waggy

In 2 seasons with Preston NE, Garner scored a total of 6 goals from 47 apps - the price tag was vastly inflated!!!

Jeez.... what can I say to a post like this.

£1.8m is nothing in England, when a club like Bournemouth are paying £130k a week to Defoe.

Why should we sell a player for £1.3m less than we bought him - just because he has not had the best of seasons?

If I can take just one thing out of the hilarious DR article to prove it wrong, it is where they say Halliday is not on the list. He most certainly has been told he is not part of the plans, but said he wanted to stay and show the manager he was wrong. So he most certainly is up for sale, and if the DR article gets this wrong, how can you give any credibility to anything else?

Only the record would believe you could hawk players round like cattle

Absolute garbage. Things have always been bad with the media but it's really hitting new heights of shocking

Any money the record know we are going to release who is staying etc to their rival so they have tried to take the shine off it

Edited by trublusince1982

Jeez.... what can I say to a post like this.

£1.8m is nothing in England, when a club like Bournemouth are paying £130k a week to Defoe.

Why should we sell a player for £1.3m less than we bought him - just because he has not had the best of seasons?

All depends on what someone is willing to pay for him (or any player). We all know that players move for silly money down south, however when those clubs come shopping up here, they pay a fraction of the price.

£1.5m is nothing to clubs in the EPL....but how many want to sign Garner??? How many ECL teams want him??? If we want to unload & only one team is offering anything (eg. £500k), what's the best option???

Supply & demand.....

I'd like to see him in the defensive MF role

Couldn't think of anything worse. His positional sense is the worst part of his game. He can't really tackle or head the ball. Right wing back is his only position if we can get DM's that spot the space he leaves behind when he gets forward

Couldn't think of anything worse. His positional sense is the worst part of his game. He can't really tackle or head the ball. Right wing back is his only position if we can get DM's that spot the space he leaves behind when he gets forward

Tav isn't my kind of player in any position. I prefer a RB that defends first and foremost, and a right mid that gets box to box and makes late runs a bit like Durrant did at his peak.

I agree, harley, that DM is the last position I'd have him. I just don't understand that one Rab sorry.

New Aberdeen captain Graeme Shinnie last night insisted Ryan Jack has no problem with being stripped of the armband on the eve of the Scottish Cup Final.

And Shinnie, left, is adamant the Dons are united in their desire to bring silverware to the Granite City. He will lead out his hometown team for the Celtic showdown despite Jack making his comeback from injury last weekend.

Out-of-contract Jack has told Pittodrie boss Derek McInnes he is quitting the club and is hotly-tipped to sign a deal with Premiership rivals Rangers next week.

Jack received a hostile reception from a section of Aberdeen supporters in Sunday’s 6-0 thumping of Partick Thistle in Maryhill when he came on as a second-half substitute following a spell on the sidelines.:laugh:

McInnes has decided to send Shinnie out as leader on Saturday while the club have insisted Jack will still have a role in the cup final squad.

Midfielder Shinnie said: “It is not going to change the way myself, Jacko or the team are going to play.