The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

I think someone who has a scoring record like that would be a first pick for the starting 11 at Rangers at least initially till he proved he was going to continue in that vein. How many of the Man Uniteds etc would he be an automatic first pick with?

The boy has absolutely no guarantee of being a first pick, regardless of whether it is us, Man U, Arsenal, Lyon, or whichever team he signs for, even if they have European football. I don't think he would be an automatic first pick for us - how is he going to be an automatic first pick if Garner (who cost us 1.8 million) and Herrera signs too, along with already having Waghorn, Miller & Dodoo ? No such thing as a guaranteed starter. His goals ratio needs to be considered in the league it comes from too. Scoring that many goals in Finland is no guarantee of translating into that many goals in Scotland - I am by no means staying it can't - but a managers decision may well be that he goes with tried and trusted until the lad proves he can't be left out. But automatic starter ? I doubt it.

HJK are like the sheep, they hit the Europa league third qualifying round and go out. He still has to prove himself at a level beyond that before the Euro giants may show real interest and before he could be an automatic first pick.

Aye, but we haven't played in Europe for 5 years. Regardless of the circumstances this lad would only have been 15 when we last played there so we have little history for him to look upon. Not only that but some of our own fans believe that we will be lucky to even get to the 3rd round of the Europa League qualifiers and, even if we do, plenty believe we too will get papped out. He doesn't need Euro giants though - you are only looking at one aspect of a potential transfer - offering him the Europa League - which may be for only a month before we are out anyway.... there are a TON of teams, just in England, that could tempt him with a far bigger pay packet than we can. And money talks in the footballing world for the most part.

The boy is 20. He has plenty of time to make the really big money and a couple of years with us could be the ideal platform for him to move on to the big money at 22. He will get plenty of exposure in England if he were to come to us.

He also has plenty of time to get a career ending injury. Which is why many players will follow the money, look at Billy Gilmour - his footballing choice should have been to stay at Rangers, become a first team regular and then get a move. However, his 1st contract with Chelsea will more than likely see him a very rich young man before he hits 20. At that point he can start to look for the right footballing opportunities. It is hard to disagree with a young player saying "show me the money" in a game where you are only one injury away from it all ending, or being less than you hoped for. Look at Callum Paterson, West Ham wanted to make him an EPL player in January but he did his cruciate and has been out since - and has ended up signing for Cardiff - I am sure that is decent money but I bet it is nowhere near what he would have got if he has signed for West Ham. So money does indeed talk.

Also, sorry, but he will get far more exposure in England by going to an English team, even if that is a middling Championship team - you give far more credence to the allure of the Scottish game, or the OF in particular, than there actually is.

Shane Nicholson‏

@ofvoid

Follow

More

I can confirm that @RangersObserver has a further exclusive coming this evening.

Rumours a player was signed today who doesn't need a work permit

You have to wonder where Rangers Observer is getting the info?, yet another leak from within the club?

They are saying on FF that a number of ITK posters have been contacted by Rangers as Pedro is furious that so much is being leaked. I have no idea if it is true or not but I can quite believe it.

Jelly beans seemingly posted on twitter that the work permit for Alfredo Morelos was already asked for last week.

We appear to have got all our targets so far. I'm impressed with the level of quick business that's getting done, especially if you consider we are dealing with clubs in Mexico, which is not common for us!