The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

I really don't want to rain on our parade but long term these players have to work or else we are screwed , if this doesn't work and we have a dysfunctional dressing room full of prima donnas split into factions , it doesn't bare thinking about , so I'm putting it out my mind , sorry for mentioning it .

I really don't want to rain on our parade but long term these players have to work or else we are screwed , if this doesn't work and we have a dysfunctional dressing room full of prima donnas split into factions , it doesn't bare thinking about , so I'm putting it out my mind , sorry for mentioning it .

Or if we still have a coach who doesn't have a scooby.

RANGERS have struck a deal to sign Colombian striker Alfredo Morelos.

Ibrox first-team coach Jonatan Johansson brought the 20-year-old to boss Pedro Caixinha’s attention after watching him run riot in his homeland.

By Andy Devlin 8th June 2017, 10:30 pm

Morelos cracked in an impressive 30 goals — including three in the Europa League — in 43 appearances in Finland last season.

His current club HJK Helsinki, who are top of the Finnish league after 12 games, were keen to keep him until October at least.

That is when the Finnish season ends.

But with a host of European clubs now monitoring the hitman, Caixinha moved quickly to secure the player’s signature.

And SunSport now understands a deal worth around £1million is in place.

Morelos, who has been capped at Under-20 level for Columbia, will require a work permit.

However, sources close to Ibrox don’t envisage any problems in one being granted by the authorities.

HJK paid Colombian outfit Independiente Medellín £425,000 for Morelos, who has earned himself the nickname of ‘Goaleador’ as a result of his prolific scoring record.

But head coach Mika Lehkosuo is resigned to losing his star man.

Meanwhile, SunSport can reveal Carlos Pena and Eduardo Herrera have both been issued with work permits.

Having undergone their medicals, the duo have agreed to join Gers on three-year deals.

The pair are back home in Mexico, but will return to Glasgow early next week once they have been allocated their visas.

Midfielder Pena and striker Herrera were priority targets for Caixinha as he continues to rebuild the squad which he inherited from Mark Warburton.

Daniel Candeias will become the Gers gaffer’s FIFTH signing of a busy summer shopping spree after the winger arrived in Glasgow tonight.

The 29-year-old has been on loan at Turkish side Alanyaspor.They were keen to make his move from Benfica permanent.

But having worked with Caixinha in their native Portugal, Candeias jumped at the chance to link up with his countryman again.

Gers are understood to have paid Benfica around £750,000 and Candeias is expected to undergo a medical tomorrow morning.

Providing all goes to plan, the Ibrox club hope to announce his signing later in the afternoon.

Meanwhile, English trio Fleetwood, MK Dons and Peterborough are all weighing up moves for Josh Windass.

Rangers boss Caixinha is looking to offload several players before the season starts.

Former Accrington Stanley ace Windass is one, just a year into the four-year deal he signed 12 months ago.

Uwe Rosler could make a move for the 23-year-old as he looks to add to his Fleetwood squad after they lost in the play-off semi-finals.

Robbie Neilson is also thought to be keeping tabs as he enters his first summer transfer window since taking charge at MK Dons.

Grant McCann is another believed to be considering whether to try to tempt Windass to Posh.

Windass is one of several fringe men expected to exit over the close-season to make way for Caixinha’s signings.

Rob Kiernan, Joe Garner, Martyn Waghorn, Matt Crooks, Andy Halliday and Harry Forrester all face uncertain futures.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1123170/former-dundee-united-boss-mixu-paatelainen-regards-rangers-signing-target-alfredo-morelos-as-a-goalscoring-toreador/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-scotsunsport-_-News-_-TwImageandlink-_-Statement-_-TWITTER

Windass is one of several fringe men expected to exit over the close-season to make way for Caixinha’s signings.

Rob Kiernan, Joe Garner, Martyn Waghorn, Matt Crooks, Andy Halliday and Harry Forrester all face uncertain futures.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1123170/former-dundee-united-boss-mixu-paatelainen-regards-rangers-signing-target-alfredo-morelos-as-a-goalscoring-toreador/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-scotsunsport-_-News-_-TwImageandlink-_-Statement-_-TWITTER

Thats a big overhaul. But it will be interesting to hear opinions if anyone would like to keep hold of any of these players. For me they can all go. Waghorn is a player I quite like but had a tricky season and didnt get the goals needed.

Windass plays like a steam train but disappears more often than not. I admire his drive when he does try but does he have the quality?

Meanwhile, English trio Fleetwood, MK Dons and Peterborough are all weighing up moves for Josh Windass.

Rangers boss Caixinha is looking to offload several players before the season starts.

Former Accrington Stanley ace Windass is one, just a year into the four-year deal he signed 12 months ago.

Uwe Rosler could make a move for the 23-year-old as he looks to add to his Fleetwood squad after they lost in the play-off semi-finals.

Robbie Neilson is also thought to be keeping tabs as he enters his first summer transfer window since taking charge at MK Dons.

Grant McCann is another believed to be considering whether to try to tempt Windass to Posh.

Every one of them can go as far as I'm concerned. They won't be missed and I say that without seeing any of the new guys kick a ball.

The Portuguese player Daniel Candeias...

Porto signed him when he was 14 years old for their youth team, when he was 15 he won best European player in a tournament organised by Nike. In all he played 49 games for the U16's up to and including the U19's scoring 20 goals during that time. He was receiving rave reviews in Portugal as a possible successor to Pauleta who had announced his retirement from international football.

For some reason or another it didn't quite work out for him though, and by the looks of things he's become a bit of an unknown. Benfica signed him 3 years ago and immediately loaned him out.

If we can get this guy playing and enjoying his football again...we might just have hit the jackpot.

Fingers crossed.