The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

I'd keep Windass. I think he's got something about him. He's still young, and should improve being around better players.

Yeah, possibly keep as a squad player and given another chance. Although he will be down in the pecking order if Dorrans signs and Krancjar is fit. Dorrans, Jack, Kranjcar and Pena is a good looking midfield and not even mentioning the wingers who are joining.

Yeah, possibly keep as a squad player and given another chance. Although he will be down in the pecking order if Dorrans signs and Krancjar is fit. Dorrans, Jack, Kranjcar and Pena is a good looking midfield and not even mentioning the wingers who are joining.

Windass is a difficult one, I personally would also keep him. I think he's had a hard season with injuries and I get the impression he wasn't used to the higher level/quantity of training and that showed in both his and Crooks injuries.. I still believe there is a player in there, he's still young and I think with the right guidance, he could become a very important player for us.

If we did let him go, I wouldn't be surprised if in a season or two he's playing in a mid to upper Championship team. Given the team and level he's come from, i'm sure he's also not going to be on high wages so I think he might be worth a gamble

Edited by lenny3k

The returning Rossiter too

Rangers-bound duo Carlos Pena and Eduardo Herrera have both been issued with work permits and will return to Glasgow early next week

The Mexicans - who will*join Gers on three-year deals - are back home, but expected to land in Scotland once they are allocated their visas

By Andy Devlin

RANGERS-bound duo Carlos Pena and Eduardo Herrera have both been issued with work permits.Having undergone their medicals, they have agreed to join Gers on three-year deals.

The pair are back home in Mexico, but will return to Glasgow early next week once they have been allocated their visas.

Midfielder Pena and striker Herrera were priority targets for Caixinha as he continues to rebuild the squad which he inherited from Mark Warburton.

Daniel Candeias will become the Gers gaffer’s FIFTH signing of a busy summer shopping spree after the winger arrived in Glasgow last night.The 29-year-old, expected to cost around £750,000, has been on loan at Turkish side Alanyaspor.

They were keen to make his move from Benfica permanent.But having worked with Caixinha in their native Portugal, Candeias jumped at the chance to link up with his countryman again.

Rangers and Aberdeen have offered deals to out-of-contract Hearts ace Sam Nicholson, with Barnsley, Bristol City and MLS side Minnesota United competing for his signature

The 22-year-old - who has passed a medical and taken part in training with the US outfit -*is refusing to be rushed into a decision as he weighs up his next move

ABERDEEN and Rangers have joined the chase to sign out of contract Hearts ace Sam Nicholson.The Dons and Gers are among FIVE clubs who have made contract offers to the 22-year-old.

But they face competition from Barnsley, Bristol City and new MLS side Minnesota United.

Nicholson visited United in America last week and met boss Adrian Heath to discuss a potential switch.And he left with a lucrative offer after passing a medical there and taking part in training.

The terms on offer from Minnesota are believed to be the best of the five – and they would NOT have to pay Hearts any compensation.But the player is refusing to be rushed into a decision as he weighs up his next move.

Reds boss Derek McInnes is short of attacking options having already lost Niall McGinn and Peter Pawlett.Jonny Hayes could also leave Pittodrie in the coming days with Celtic keen on the Irish winger.

Gers boss Pedro Caixinha, meanwhile, has already made one Scottish swoop with the signing of Ryan Jack.And Nicholson would join Bruno Alves, Fabio Cardoso, Dalcio and Daniel Candeias in his squad revamp.

But Hearts preference would be the player moves south as opposed to a direct Premiership rival.The Tynecastle club banked £300,000 this week in compensation after Callum Paterson moved to Cardiff with a sell-on clause inserted into the deal.

And they would receive around £400,000 with the possibility of a similar clause should Nicholson choose to continue his career alongside his ex-team-mate in The Championship.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1125599/sam-nicholson-rangers-aberdeen-hearts-out-of-contract-offer-barnsley-bristol-city-minnesota-united/?CMP=Spklr-_-Editorial-_-scotsunsport-_-Sport-_-FBLink-_-Statement-_-TWITTER

It's been the most interesting transfer window since Advocaats first window. I've been very impressed with the guys we've brought in, taking advantage of cheaper foreign markets while looking at guys here to add to it.

Who knows what formation we will end up playing, looks like a 4-5-4 to me.

As for Windass I'd imagine he's on low wages, id send him out on loan to another SPL team for a year and see how he gets on and look at it next year.