The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Loving how the likes of the sheep support scoff at our signings, they're all crap, £10 million of crap. And that includes Ryan Jack, total crap which makes it all the more baffling he was a first choice for them and their captain. But when they get an Englishman I never heard of on a Bosman from the relegated Caley Thistle it's a great signing. :laugh:

It's called ignorance. Have you glanced at their forums? I can't see them doing too well this year. They have lost too many influential players and while the transfer window is only just opened they don't seem to have prepared for it. I noted the Tansey is better than their captain Jack! I struggle to see how a player who's been relegated could be!

The internet media come up with some crackers when you search for news on who Rangers are after, the latest one - "Celtic and Rangers in race to sign Nani". :facepalm:

I'll stick to official club announcements before I believe that stuff.

Was hoping to find that Candeias had passed his medical and joined the club, really excited by this player.

It's called ignorance. Have you glanced at their forums? I can't see them doing too well this year. They have lost too many influential players and while the transfer window is only just opened they don't seem to have prepared for it. I noted the Tansey is better than their captain Jack! I struggle to see how a player who's been relegated could be!

They're proclaiming they will be minimum second and we will struggle to get anywhere near them. It's obviously total fantasy and I can even see the exuberant crew outmatching them. They will struggle to be top 4 far less top 2. We beat them twice last season and totally outplayed them in the one we lost at their dump and this new squad is far more powerful while theirs is falling apart.

I like it, the bleating will be all the more satisfying when their fantasy bubble bursts.

They're deluded. McInnes would do well to take the Sunderland job if offered. He's taken them as far as he can and you're right, next season will see McInnes stock fall. We're buying international players from the top tier of the country they're in, not lower league English players who got nowhere near their potential or free transfers from relegated fodder! If this clicks then I'm quietly confident of a good challenge and more, but I will say no further on that point. It will be good hammering the sheep next season!

Do we believe the betting folk?

Rangers reportedly second favourites to sign 31-year-old Scottish international

The latest rumor which has shaken the Scottish Premier League is that Glasgow Rangers are the second favorites to bring Charlie Adam in their squad.

According to Sky Bet, the Rangers are behind Cardiff City and in front of Huddersfield, Sunderland and Nottingham Forest in the race for the influential midfielder.

It will be a huge acquisition for the club from Ibrox Park because Adam has a significant experience and much-needed quality, which would be useful during the next campaign. He would bring strength to midfield and become a long-shot threat for any goalkeeper in Scotland.

Adam had already played for the Rangers between 2003 and 2009, as he was a member of the youth academy for a brief time, and he also spent his first three years on loans, later becoming the regular member of the first team.

During that stay, he played 76 games and scored 15 goals for the first team. So far there are no additional pieces of information about this case, but stay tuned and follow us for the latest news from the Ibrox.

http://futnsoccer.com/2017/06/10/rangers-reportedly-second-favourites-to-sign-31-year-old-scottish-international/

For facts' sake: Charlie Adam at transfermarkt - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/charlie-adam/profil/spieler/28990

Either he's a freebie soon, or Stoke has drawn the one-year option ... dunno.

Meanwhile ...

Rangers closing in on Colombian striker Alfredo Morelos as a move for Benfica winger Daniel Candeias is also on the cards at Ibrox

Rangers are closing in on HJK Helsinki scoring prospect Alfredo Morelos

The Ger are also hoping to finalise a deal for Benfica's Daniel Candeias

Sportsmail understands Pedro Caixinha had Morelos at the top of his list

By Stephen Mcgowan For The Scottish Daily Mail

Rangers are closing in on HJK Helsinki scoring prospect Alfredo Morelos – and expect to complete a deal for Benfica winger Daniel Candeias within the next 24 hours.

Candeais was due to arrive in Glasgow late Thursday night for talks and a medical with the Ibrox club. And Rangers head coach Pedro Caixinha is keen to continue his early recruitment drive with the capture of Colombian youth international Morelos.

The 20-year-old has struck 11 goals in nine games in Finland's Veikkausliiga this season already.

Sportsmail understands Caixinha has narrowed down a list of strikers to focus on Morelos, with the pressing matter of Europa League qualifiers just three weeks away prompting swift decision making.

Morelos began his career with Independiente Medellin, moving to Finland on loan last year before his goals persuaded HJK to make the move permanent.

In a recent interview Morelos expressed an ambition of breaking into the Colombia national team, saying: 'I've always been a scorer. Since my father got me into football, I scored goals.

'In Medellin, when I was given the opportunity and played several games in a row, I also scored goals. I consider myself a scorer.

'The idea now is to go to a bigger league here in Europe and do the same thing I have done in Finland.'

Under contract until 2019, HJK are seeking a fee of around £700,000 for their young striker.

Rangers have already made four summer signings in Portuguese defenders Bruno Alves and Fabio Cardoso, former Aberdeen captain Ryan Jack and Benfica winger Dalcio on a season-long loan.

And they are awaiting work permit clearance before confirming the capture of Mexican midfielder Carlos Pena and striker Eduardo Herrara.

Negotiations continue with Norwich over a fee for former Scotland midfielder Graham Dorrans, while Caixinha is also pursuing a deal for Jamie Walker after the winger told current club Hearts he wants to leave Tynecastle.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4586666/Rangers-closing-Colombian-striker-Alfredo-Morelos.html