The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Cant say I have much hope for this one but here's hoping

Meant to say - the club seriously needs to have a look at its media practices. Are these signings supposed to be a secret damp squid? This week employees where given a letter from the manager telling them to keep quiet, that's fair enough that the club want to control the release of information but when that control is absolutely useless and massively behind the times its an exercise in futility.

Why have the guy at the club since Thursday then release this on Sunday late afternoon? Your not trying to tell me the lawyers and co where in today to finalise the deal ,because there is no chance that happened. I get we are actively trying to withhold the info from the newspapers to get them inline but personally i would instead like to see the press completely ignored and direct passing of news from club to fan through our own selected intermediaries.

The other two signings have been given their work permits but still silence from the club, no update whatsoever. If the club continue to refuse point blank to keep supporters informed then we will do it ourselves, its as simple as that. Supporters need exciting times and the most made of the good times, especially when the season has been so poor. Obviously there is times and certain bits of info that need to be kept in house but the secret squirrel stuff needs to go. We should be making a splash with these signings. If it wasn't for the thread on FF and the leaked info we would all still be in a state of fear wondering what next year would bring and arguing over whether we had any money or not. As said there is a time and place to release information to the fans but the club is an absolute mile away from it. The official channels are too slow, far too slow .

Edited by trublusince1982

I would expect that the club wants to be dead certain that all is in place, starting from medical checks via work permits via visas via international clearance - though not all is required by every player.

Maybe there is the odd PR-stunt involved, or attempt at one. Had we done it Friday or yesterday - in case all was being done and dusted - it would have been drowned in the Scotland vs England furore, wouldn't it? I still would expect that certain mhedia outlets will give two-goal hero ahem racist Griffiths the bigger picture on tomorrow's backpages.

For what it is worth, I am as content as I am surprised that we are signing all these people within days of the opening of the window.

Edited by der Berliner

I think with the 2 Mexican, they may hold off until they physically have their work permits. Also get the impression that they headed home pretty quickly, so they may not have any "promotional" photos with strips/scarfs etc.

Well, well ... from FF:

Re: Sports Direct, Retail Deal & Kit Sponsors Rumours

New kit 2 weeks time, new retail deal negotiated 50/50 split on sales, strip sponsor most likely to be Sports Direct. Don't shoot the messenger

... even though:

The guys at The Rangers Observer have stated unequivocally the Sports Direct will not be our sponsor next season

http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?1111651-Sports-Direct-Retail-Deal-amp-Kit-Sponsors-Rumours/page8

I believe there may be a new deal but I thought 32 red were our shirt sponsor for next season. I doubt SD will be it yet as that is a bit like rubbing salt on a wound.

I think with the 2 Mexican, they may hold off until they physically have their work permits. Also get the impression that they headed home pretty quickly, so they may not have any "promotional" photos with strips/scarfs etc.

understand that but there is no reason not to inform fans as the situation progresses. Nothing whatsoever is risked or lost by releasing the sfa panel went well we now await the players picking up their visas on x date, all being well they will be at the club ready to train by x

Think one player was here for three days and the other two so i doubt pictures would have been an issue tbh.

Personally i think the whole reason the notice of todays signing was delayed was because trainer has a plan to get the press to bow to his will and he is flexing his muscle. The club is supposed to benefit by the media toning down the attacks and lies. Its a "this is what will happen" scenario we are trying to threaten them with.

If a more professional equivalent of the FF thread was on the Rangers website heavily moderated the advertising revenue that could be generated would easily surpass a million pound with 500k followers etc watching videos and the usual stuff. Christ little girls in their bedrooms have managed to generate £1m annually doing bloody make up videos! We have a massive untapped source of revenue which we have recently tentatively stuck our toe into, but with pretty much zero noticeable strategy or outside the box thinking.

I believe there may be a new deal but I thought 32 red were our shirt sponsor for next season. I doubt SD will be it yet as that is a bit like rubbing salt on a wound.

they have another year i believe and SD have the right to be the shirt sponsor when they deem it appropriate. It was a caveat of one of the dodgy deals, though it could have possibly been written off when the loan was paid back, hard to remember with all the goings on the last few years

I would expect that the club wants to be dead certain that all is in place, starting from medical checks via work permits via visas via international clearance - though not all is required by every player.

Maybe there is the odd PR-stunt involved, or attempt at one. Had we done it Friday or yesterday - in case all was being done and dusted - it would have been drowned in the Scotland vs England furore, wouldn't it? I still would expect that certain mhedia outlets will give two-goal hero ahem racist Griffiths the bigger picture on tomorrow's backpages.

For what it is worth, I am as content as I am surprised that we are signing all these people within days of the opening of the window.

As said none of that stops them from announcing signings in a professional manner that generates interest and income