The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Snippet from FF ...

Had an interesting conversation today, apparently (can be taken whatever you wish) we are actively close to selling 5 of our players & recouping close to £3m

These deals are all in advanced stages & none of which will shock us

The board have actively targeted recouping £3-5m from sales

Extremely good news if it turns out to be true

he styles himself and his style of play on fellow Colombian striker Radamel Falcao.

Excuse me folks' date=' I'll be a minute, I've just spunked my trews...[/quote']

It is what STV says, not he himself. Then again, what's wrong with him styling himself and his style after one of the "better players" about?

It is what STV says, not he himself. Then again, what's wrong with him styling himself and his style after one of the "better players" about?

I think you've misunderstood. He was suggesting that he's excited at the prospect of him being as good as Falcao.

I was on a dull conference call and took the opportunity to read the latest on Gersnet. Unfortunately I read this and burst out laughing. Caught! :-)

yeah I wasn't sure whether to "like" or "agree" to the post as it either would have certain connotations :D

I think you've misunderstood. He was suggesting that he's excited at the prospect of him being as good as Falcao.

I would rather suggest that his comments were ambiguous (broken-English .... ) and the media turned into a something hilarious.

More bits and pieces ... from FF:

By the sound of it, 32red will be our (front) shirt sponsor next season, deal essentially done and dusted (they apparently yearn for the TV exposure more than any sold shirts). We will probably have a shirt sponsor for the back side as well.

Sky Sports is reporting that a Chinese consortium wants to buy the Magpies.

Edited by der Berliner

More bits and pieces ... from FF:

By the sound of it, 32red will be our (front) shirt sponsor next season, deal essentially done and dusted (they apparently yearn for the TV exposure more than any sold shirts). We will probably have a shirt sponsor for the back side as well.

Sky Sports is reporting that a Chinese consortium wants to buy the Magpies.

Hopefully 32red will be paying quite a bit more for the shirt sponsorship than they'll currently be paying

At this stroke of the hour, the Gers are in a dire need of a proven veteran and serial winner, who could shake them out of their apathy and inject a winning mentality in the squad and Nani perfectly fits the bill.

Fact, conjecture, and fiction neatly meddled up and served. Maybe it is just me, but much like CR7, Nani appears/-ed to me a bit of a primadonna of a player and I'm not sure if we haven't got quite a few proven veterans and mental winners already. What we lacked last season was a solid midfield, consistent midfield creators and attackers who actually hit the target. As far as I am concerned, we adressed all these problems and unless something utterly dramatic will happen moneywise, linking us to the likes of Nani is like attempting to break the sound barrier with a Hawker Hurricane.

Edited by der Berliner

Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha closes in on Graham Dorrans deal to continue summer spree

RANGERS boss Pedro Caixinha is closing in on his own nine-in-a-row with the double capture of Graham Dorrans and Alfredo Morelos.

By SCOTT BURNS

PUBLISHED: 22:30, Mon, Jun 12, 2017

Caixinha is confident a £1.2million deal will soon be struck with Norwich City for Dorrans, while a £1m move has already been agreed with HJK Helsinki for Morelos, with that move now subject to a work permit being issued.

The Ibrox manager’s summer signing spree has already seen him land Ryan Jack, Bruno Alves, Fabio Cardoso, Dalcio and Daniel Candeias, while Carlos Pena and Eduardo Herrera will join them once their work permits have been issued.

The Portuguese boss revealed he has been fully backed by the Ibrox board to land all of his top targets.

He said: “We are delighted with all the signings we have as all of them are our first options.

“I think we need more width in the last third, and we need more aggression in that part of the pitch.

“We need to have more aggressive attacking full-backs, attacking spaces, arrivals, having associations with the strikers and to put more crosses in.

“That is what we are looking to have in our attacking side.”

Morelos flew in for his medical yesterday.

The Colombian Under-20 international will now return to Finland to await a work permit before completing his Rangers’ switch.

Morelos said: “It’s going to be a wonderful experience at Rangers so I’m really happy about it and also about fans welcoming me, sending me lots of support.”

Ipswich Town have made a bid for Joe Garner and he looks set to make that switch in the next 48 hours.

Hull have been linked with Josh Windass, while Rob Kiernan and Harry Forrester have been told they can go.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/816305/Rangers-transfer-news-Pedro-Caixinha-Graham-Dorrans-Alfredo-Morelos