The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

understand that but there is no reason not to inform fans as the situation progresses. Nothing whatsoever is risked or lost by releasing the sfa panel went well we now await the players picking up their visas on x date, all being well they will be at the club ready to train by x

Think one player was here for three days and the other two so i doubt pictures would have been an issue tbh.

Personally i think the whole reason the notice of todays signing was delayed was because trainer has a plan to get the press to bow to his will and he is flexing his muscle. The club is supposed to benefit by the media toning down the attacks and lies. Its a "this is what will happen" scenario we are trying to threaten them with.

If a more professional equivalent of the FF thread was on the Rangers website heavily moderated the advertising revenue that could be generated would easily surpass a million pound with 500k followers etc watching videos and the usual stuff. Christ little girls in their bedrooms have managed to generate £1m annually doing bloody make up videos! We have a massive untapped source of revenue which we have recently tentatively stuck our toe into, but with pretty much zero noticeable strategy or outside the box thinking.

Look at it this way....the club release a statement as you suggest. The the date mentioned arrives, and there's no pics or conformation....or something arises and the deal falls through. The club then gets pelters for messing up/releasing bad info etc. Best thing to do is wait until its all 100% confirmed/signed. Then announce that the deal is done.

they have another year i believe and SD have the right to be the shirt sponsor when they deem it appropriate. It was a caveat of one of the dodgy deals, though it could have possibly been written off when the loan was paid back, hard to remember with all the goings on the last few years

AFAIK, the deal with 32red runs out soonish.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/gers-agree-shirt-deal-with-32red/

Starting July 2014 for three seasons: 14/15, 15/16 and 16/17.

As for Garner, this is from an independent Ipswich Town side ...

Town Close to Confirming Garner Signing

Sunday, 11th Jun 2017 16:33

TWTD understands Town are close to confirming the signing of Rangers striker Joe Garner.

Reports that the Blues were moving for the 29-year-old in a £500,000 deal first surfaced in Scotland last month and we understand the frontman is due at Portman Road on Monday to complete the formalities of his move, signing a three-year deal.

Garner moved to Ibrox from Preston for £1.4 million last summer, when Town were also interested, signing a three-year contract.

The former England U16, U17 and U19 international scored 10 goals in 22 starts and 12 sub appearances during 2016/17.

While Garner was reportedly not out of Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha’s plans, the Portuguese manager is said to be looking to wheel and deal as he rebuilds his squad during the close season.

Garner started his career with his hometown club Blackburn Rovers but was unable to break into the first team prior to moving on to Carlisle, initially on loan, then Nottingham Forest, Huddersfield (loan), Scunthorpe (loan), Watford and Carlisle for a further loan spell before joining Preston in 2013.

While with the Lilywhites the 5ft 10in tall frontman scored a 20-minute second-half hat-trick as the Lancastrians beat the Blues 3-2 in an FA Cup third round replay at Deepdale in January 2014.

The following season Garner won the League One Player of the Year award as he helped Preston into the Championship via the play-offs.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31755

... though I would be rathers stunned if he leaves for just 400k, given what we paid AND how long his contract runs.

As for Garner, this is from an independent Ipswich Town side ...

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/31755

... though I would be rathers stunned if he leaves for just 400k, given what we paid AND how long his contract runs.

I think we'd take 800k which is roughly what we owe. Not ideal but better than nothing.

Wish he would take some of the pish he left with us!

I think some of the criticism aimed at MW is unfair. You have go back 2 years & remember after we got embarassed in the play off with Motherwell that he inherited an absolute car crash from McCoist.

He brought in a lot of players in a very short space of time to replace the dross McCoist left behind. His main objective was to get us promoted and he did he that and even got us to a SC final.

Ultimately though those players were never going to be good enough to get us challenging for the premiership title. Where things started to go wrong for MW was when he brought in those 11 or 12 last summer and most couldn't get into the starting XI. He effectively didn't improve the promoted team and results proved this. The writing was on the wall for MW.

Now though we have a manager who is recruiting well. The calibre of player coming in is an internationalist and almost all will go into the starting XI I would think. I haven't looked forward to the start of the new season for a long time as this

Edited by RANGERRAB

Snipped from FF:

Spoke to Graham Dorrans' brother Andy tonight and he says Graham is signing for Rangers later this week. Norwich have still to sort one or two things out at their end but it's pretty much a done deal.