The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

I'm not so sure about Rossiter - I think the lad really does have the talent to play that DM role exceptionally well. But Pedro won't have seen anything of him yet. I guess, just like everyone else, he will have to prove himself again but the talent is certainly there and I think we badly missed him last season because in the fleeting appearances he had he never lost the ball, recycled it quickly and was constantly turning his head looking at where both team-mates and opponents were.

Admittedly he has played just 252 minutes for us but in those minutes I never once saw him lose out on a 50/50 tackle for the ball nor lose the ball when he was in possession nor even make a stray pass which didn't go to one of our own. But as you say I don't know how Pedro is going to see what he has to offer unless he's outstanding in training games.

And in saying that I don't think training is the right environment for him to go full bloodedly into tackles and show what he has to offer.

I noticed in a video Pedro talking about the central defenders as Alves Fabio, Danny and David so I take it Kiernen oot the door..

That's hardly surprising. Alves obvious first pick but his partner not so clear cut.

Cardoso I'd say. A cert.

Looks good to me. Both around 6ft 2in with Alves providing the experience and Cardoso the youth and speed. I'm looking forward to seeing how this pans out and hoping it puts an end to my days of shattered nerves waiting for a high cross or corner to come into our box. Alves apparently is also surprisingly quick for his size and age. And looks like a total bruiser. Check how scrawny the others look beside him in this pic and they're not actually scrawny. They just look it beside him.

DBuR-5hXsAAQcLr.jpg:large

Graham Dorrans to Rangers: Gers to increase bid as Pedro Caixinha's overhaul continues

RANGERS boss Pedro Caixinha is preparing a second bid for Norwich City midfielder Graham Dorrans.

The Gers, who are also chasing Santos Laguna full-back Jose Javier Abella, initially tabled £700,000 for Dorrans but are now going to offer £1m, still short of the Canaries’ £1.5m valuation.

New Norwich director of football Stuart Webber is desperate to slash his club’s wage bill and a cut-price deal could be done for 30-year-old Dorrans.

Caixinha has already landed Portuguese star Bruno Alves, Ryan Jack from Aberdeen, Dalcio on a season-long loan from Benfica and Fabio Cardoso from Vitoria Setubal for £1.2m.

He is also hoping to secure work permits for midfielder Carlos Pena from Chivas and striker Eduardo Herrera from Pumas.

The deal for the two Mexicans is reported to be more than £3m and will be sealed if they are given the green light by the authorities.

Right-back Abella, 23, is a player Caixinha knows well from his time at Laguna.

Meanwhile, Rangers keeper Liam Kelly, 21, who helped Livingston win promotion to the Championship, has penned a new two-year deal at Ibrox.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/814369/Rangers-Transfer-News-Norwich-News-Graham-Dorrans-Javier-Abella-Bruno-Alves-Ryan-Jack

Chelsea refusing to allow wantaway Michy Batshuayi's transfer until they sign a new striker.

Clubs across Europe are after the £33m Belgian, who confirmed he wants to be playing more next season in a World Cup year.

Michy Batshuayi will not be permitted to leave Chelsea until the champions have landed a replacement.

West Ham, Scotland's Rangers, French side Monaco and Sevilla of Spain are all keen to snap up the 23-year-old, who spent last season on the fringes for the Blues before scoring in three of his final four games — including the late winner at West Brom that confirmed them as champions.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-refusing-allow-wantaway-michy-10578436#ICID=sharebar_twitter

:D

Chelsea refusing to allow wantaway Michy Batshuayi's transfer until they sign a new striker.

Clubs across Europe are after the £33m Belgian, who confirmed he wants to be playing more next season in a World Cup year.

Michy Batshuayi will not be permitted to leave Chelsea until the champions have landed a replacement.

West Ham, Scotland's Rangers, French side Monaco and Sevilla of Spain are all keen to snap up the 23-year-old, who spent last season on the fringes for the Blues before scoring in three of his final four games — including the late winner at West Brom that confirmed them as champions.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-refusing-allow-wantaway-michy-10578436#ICID=sharebar_twitter

:D

Rangers bidding 33mill I think we could put that down as a no goer. Even a loan deal looks out the question.

We all know a player with that kind of price tag it's never going to happen and it makes you wonder how we were even linked. Unless of course it was indeed a loan deal with Chelsea ponying up the bulk of his wages while they wait for what they consider an acceptable bid to come along. But I wont be holding my breath waiting for that to happen either and i'm not sure I would even want it to happen.

When it comes to the strikers I want our own in there getting match fitness and sharpness and he would keep someone out.