The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Good selection. Looks like he is a very effective header of the ball and in that video he actually put them away with both feet. No pussy footing around trying to take a touch to line them up. Good snap shot man.

Have you seen Herrera's record ? 47 goals in 168 games. He's averaging a goal every third game. I'm not saying he won't come good but that average is, well, probably below average for a striker who you want to be scoring goals regularly.

As for the video.... as I said in the other thread, Sebo looked like a scorer in his YouTube clips too. Have we learned nothing ?

It's all well and good to get excited - but his record gives us little to be excited about.

Again, though, that doesn't mean he won't score for fun here - I just prefer a little bit of tempered expectation.

Again, though, that doesn't mean he won't score for fun here - I just prefer a little bit of tempered expectation.

I think we can still look at this guy and take note that he has undoubted qualities. My expectation is that in a league where the sheep were regarded as a top team and in which our team of last season were largely dominant in most matches our team of next season will be even more dominant.

Marco Negro was no world beater yet in his first 10 matches in a dominant Rangers side he scored 23 goals and I think he hit 30 before Xmas then never repeated anything like that anywhere else. And incidentally for his most recent club which was Veracruz he scored 3 goals in just 8 games for a side that finished 17th in the top tier of Mexican football and has 3 goals in 9 games for Mexico.

BTW, Sun says that Cardoso will sign on Wednesday and the work permits for Pena and Herrera should be there within 48 hours.

Ahhh don't mention 48hrs! I suppose the law of averages it may be correct once.:D

Have you seen Herrera's record ? 47 goals in 168 games. He's averaging a goal every third game. I'm not saying he won't come good but that average is, well, probably below average for a striker who you want to be scoring goals regularly.

As for the video.... as I said in the other thread, Sebo looked like a scorer in his YouTube clips too. Have we learned nothing ?

It's all well and good to get excited - but his record gives us little to be excited about.

I agree Herrera's stats just does not excite me at all.

Ahhh don't mention 48hrs! I suppose the law of averages it may be correct once.:D

Well to be fair we seem to be in a place right now where most individuals being seriously linked with us are ultimately signed. Changed days from the last summer window when so many consistently fell through.

And I also notice that the yahoo scoffers who ranted and raved about where is Kings 30 mil 'warchest' have conveniently forgotten all that scoffing now that some serious money is being spent and instead simply move on to some other wacko fantasy that invariably ends with tick tock.