The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

Recap of the status quo (a the Sun sees it), plus Ipswich wanting Garner and that return of AJ to the board:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1109036/pedro-caixinha-rangers-training/

Struggling to keep up with the amount of players.

Alves

Pena

Cardoso

Dalcio

Herrera

Jack

Dorrans

And Daniel Candeias making it 8 players.

The good thing is they are all PC signings and first choices and he wont accept less than 110% from any player meaning they should all perform. Under PLG we saw a lot of similar type signings who weren't exactly highly known but they didn't push themselves and weren't pushed by PLG plus ended up in a split camp. The good thing about Pedro is he wont accept a split camp or nothing less than maximum effort.

As for Naismith - we are thinking about you but only hoping you don't sign.

Struggling to keep up with the amount of players.

Alves

Pena

Cardoso

Dalcio

Herrera

Jack

Dorrans

And Daniel Candeias making it 8 players.

The good thing is they are all PC signings and first choices and he wont accept less than 110% from any player meaning they should all perform. Under PLG we saw a lot of similar type signings who weren't exactly highly known but they didn't push themselves and weren't pushed by PLG plus ended up in a split camp. The good thing about Pedro is he wont accept a split camp or nothing less than maximum effort.

As for Naismith - we are thinking about you but only hoping you don't sign.

I'd love to know what happened with PLG. He brought in players who were the hottest affordable prospects at the time, and they should have been a hit for us. The talk at the time (unsubstantiated as far as I'm aware) was that there was enormous disruption from the beginning by McGregor, Boyd, and Ferguson. It was such a shame because it was an exciting time which went sour very quickly.

If we get 4 of these players to perform for us we should be win a good place next season. As for Naismith, I wouldn't ever want him in a Rangers shirt or stadium (unless he was paying double price for his ticket) again.

Gaffer , my mate was the first team doctor at the time and I don't want to go over old ground , but plug was a disaster from any 1 , the structure at Lyon was totally different from us , he never picked any players as he was first and foremost a coach . The hottest prospect bit wasn't true as it was the press jumping on the fact it was plg who was signing them , like everyone else I was over the moon , the fact was he wasn't prepared nor equipped for Scottish football. His record after us shows that , he's done nothing after Lyon .

I just heard that the last person to be refused a work permit was Jason Scotland who got one to play for DU but then was refused when he signed for St Johnstone despite using the exact same document. Since then every one that has been applied for has been granted.

I just heard that the last person to be refused a work permit was Jason Scotland who got one to play for DU but then was refused when he signed for St Johnstone despite using the exact same document. Since then every one that has been applied for has been granted.

That's not quite accurate pete.

Jason Scotland played the prior season with Dundee Utd. His permit expired so DU applied for a new permit. The panel refused it. DU let Jason Scotland go. St Johnstone then tried to sign him and made the same application and, just 5 weeks after being refused a permit to play for DU, he was granted one to play with St Johnstone (using the exact same application and dossier) - because he had a different appeals panel.

It makes a mockery of the system if you ask me.

Edited by craig

The good thing is they are all PC signings and first choices

Contrast that with last year, how many first choices did we capture? I'm thinking specifically of the chase to sign CB's in which I think we ended up with something like a fifth and sixth choice. I get the feeling all this must have been planned and feelers put out a week or two after he walked through the door.

That's not quite accurate pete.

Jason Scotland played the prior season with Dundee Utd. His permit expired so DU applied for a new permit. The panel refused it. DU let Jason Scotland go. St Johnstone then tried to sign him and made the same application and, just 5 weeks after being refused a permit to play for DU, he was granted one to play with St Johnstone (using the exact same application and dossier) - because he had a different appeals panel.

It makes a mockery of the system if you ask me.

You are right I read it wrong. My concentration levels are at an all time low at the moment.