The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

I suspect that will just cover what we still owe Preston.

I wouldn't be surprised if that figure is being bandied around simply because it's likely close to what's still owed to Preston. I saw on an Ipswich forum that there was a 'rumour' that Garner may be coming to them because he was supposedly unhappy at Rangers which seems doubtful to me.

If Garner were to leave he would be giving up a chance to play in Europe which he would probably never get again and be giving up the chance to prove what he can do in a side that's bringing in considerably more quality than he had the opportunity to play alongside last season. He just doesn't strike me as the type of guy to give it all up when things are looking so good for the season ahead.

And there's also the fact that Pedro himself commented that in his view Garner hadn't been utilised correctly and mentioned his aerial prowess in particular. A combination of Garner and Alves going into the opposition box for corners would be a dilemma for opposing defences. Which one do we focus our bigger guys on?

Then there is the fact that apparently Alves invariably wins in aerial duels so if he's the one the corner comes into we could be looking at a lot of knockdowns which Garner and others could be feeding off. With so much activity going on it's hard to tell at this stage what may become of Garner but if I had to make a decision on it as of now I would say I think it unlikely Garner will be leaving.

If Garner was playing for the tims and had the exact same season, the papers would be saying we were expecting to get our money back, or make a small profit on him, as after a slow start hampered by injury, he came onto a game towards the end of the season.

Only in our world do we always talk our players down, and our ever-helpful media do likewise, and then is it any surprise when we get low, derisory bids for our players?

I can see no reason why, if we paid £1.8M for Garner who had done reasonably well in the English championship where reasonably successful strikers regularly change hands for £5M+, we cannot move him back down to that level for at least the same money we paid out. In my book he did improve from a poor start, and is a better all round player now than 12 months ago, so why is he now worth half what we paid?

Time for us to play the game cuter.

Time for us to play the game cuter.

Like maybe give him a chance in the better side we will field this season and see if it improves his goals ratio then if he has to go sell him on in 12 months time when there will be 12 months left on his contract.

Only in our world do we always talk our players down, and our ever-helpful media do likewise, and then is it any surprise when we get low, derisory bids for our players?

So clubs down south use our media to gauge players? Behave yourself!

Garner was never worth the money we paid for him, we'll never get that back, it was money wasted!