The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

We needed cash from the shareholders to allow us to trade during the season. We aren't "balancing the books" in terms of cashflow, which is the most important issue for us at the moment.

Will that advance be available again next season? Will that extra European game allow us to operate without getting funding? What is the timing of the payments of last year's transfers?

There's a whole load of questions we don't know the answers so we can't assume that the transfer budget will be much bigger than last year.

We also can't budget for any more than one game in Europe. This isn't like the days of Murray where we "budgeted" to get knocked out in Europe in the first round, with that budget showing a £6 million loss which didn't really matter as funding was available. Funding can't be guaranteed at the moment and strict cashflow controls have to be adhered to. We may also get knocked out of domestic cups earlier which may negate any cash generated from Europe.

If we get further in Europe then there may be more cash available but initially only the cash from one round will be taken into account.

if even just the one round as i stated it will still account for half of last years transfer budget. You need to keep the context of our financial position. Even £700k makes a massive difference.

I asked 2 weeks back after speaking to you I think it was on here, how the investment will happen with current restrictions in place. The reply was unfortunately short in answers and only led to more unanswered questions so I kept my head below the parapet and said nothing , but according to them investment is no problem and i quote " two guys are bringing in new investment" when i asked who, i was told no more details and its definitely not DM who was rumoured at the time to be back on the scene.

The business plan is a crescendo and identified as such from those in charge from the very beginning, with set aims increasing expenditure year on year. Nothing dramatic from left field has happened to divert the original plan. The hitting of targets i would say will see higher investment than last season each season for 4/5 seasons or until we hit the final aim. That has been clearly defined as the plan from media statements and actions from day one of this board. I understand we dont know how that money will be made available but don't agree that means it is under risk. The board made in my opinion no real effort in passing resolution 11(?) making me think it was not a be all and end all situation.

The same stuff was all said last year and no doubt will be said next year too when we approach the window but at some point the boards actions must be the measuring stick on what happens next. As you say how the board will secure these loans(or whatever shape they take) i have absolutely no idea but i don't really see any reason to worry as nobody at the club seems concerned in the slightest (looking in from the outside that is!).

I doubt very very much DK would slate the current squad as much as he has done if he didn't fully believe we can replace them. All in all with every thing we can assume from our position as fans, i dont really see any reason to think we have less than the £2m to spend that we did last season or the million the season before that.

For all we know maybe transfers will be secured against euro money and freed as the team progresses through stages there are options available dependant on those putting the money up, maybe secured against assets,who knows.

At the end of the day the board have stated there is money, the manager has stated we have money, the links from Mexico suggest we have money, and our short term historical dealings all show we have money and intend to continue as stated.

Edited by trublusince1982

Rangers have been warned by Mexican side Chivas any deal for Carlos Pena will be off if a work permit is not sorted out by June 20.

The Ibrox club have agreed a deal in principle for the midfielder who is on loan at Leon in his homeland.

MailSport understands Gers gaffer Pedro Caixinha is determined to snare Pena, 27, on a three-year deal. And his father Marcelino Pena admits his boy is keen on a switch to Glasgow.

He said: “Carlos’ dream is to play football in Europe.“ Rangers are a big club and the coach there would be perfect for him.”

Rangers need permission from the UK Border Agency and the SFA for the transfer as the player hasn’t played enough games for Mexico.

Meanwhile, Gers face competition for Portuguese defender Fabio Cardoso.The centre-back will cost around £1.2million and his representatives are expected in Glasgow this week to discuss the move.

But Spanish side Malaga have now also declared an interest in the 23-year-old.The player said: “I’m calm about my future but every player wants to improve.“I’ve seen the reports and I’ve heard good information about Caixinha. But I haven’t spoken to anyone at Rangers.”

The Ibrox club were last night linked to two more Mexican internationalists striker Eduardo Herrera and right-back Javier Abella.And reports in Portugal suggest Gers are interested in another Setubal defender Federico Venancio.

Scots star Ryan Gauld, who was on loan at Vitoria from Sporting Lisbon, believes Venancio would be a hit at Ibrox.He said: “Federico is a really good defender and wouldn’t be fazed by the physical demands of the Scottish game.”

Meanwhile, Rangers appear to have lost out on Callum Paterson after they failed to match Cardiff’s bid for the Hearts full-back.

I'm not hearing any rumours about investment. The rumours I am hearing is that the current financing is currently coming from only one section of the board room, and they're getting pissed off that others are not stepping up despite the noise that they make.

The board did make efforts to pass resolution 11, including getting reassurances from a shareholder who ended up not voting. There was stuff going on behind the scenes.

The cash from one round of Europe may equate to a half of our transfer budget from last season, but it may well be needed in other areas depending on the cashflow forecast.

I do feel that the budget will be slightly higher than last year, and will hopefully be supplemented by income from sales, but we do have cashflow issues and it's concerning that our cash is running out after only having a £2m transfer budget.

I'm not hearing any rumours about investment. The rumours I am hearing is that the current financing is currently coming from only one section of the board room, and they're getting pissed off that others are not stepping up despite the noise that they make.

The board did make efforts to pass resolution 11, including getting reassurances from a shareholder who ended up not voting. There was stuff going on behind the scenes.

The cash from one round of Europe may equate to a half of our transfer budget from last season, but it may well be needed in other areas depending on the cashflow forecast.

I do feel that the budget will be slightly higher than last year, and will hopefully be supplemented by income from sales, but we do have cashflow issues and it's concerning that our cash is running out after only having a £2m transfer budget.

there is no doubt we must have cash flow issues,most teams do and our situation will exasperate the issue.

I've heard the rumours about park etc coming from the chairman's dinner , cant comment personally on its authenticity as wasn't there or know any of the people who did attend. Certainly hope they aren't true as they don't make for good reading. They do however contradict the clubs actions so it strikes me as strange. Would have expected a larger ST price hike if the issue was causing great concern. Don't know who was at this dinner and who said what but its definitely not something to be ignored. On the other hand i wonder how DK gets any money out of SA that can be used within the club. If it was to come out that he had heavily invested then i would assume he would be in soapy bubbles back home, but i could be understanding the rules in SA wrongly

Not sure when the Chairman's dinner was, mate, but the ones I've head are coming from the members section, so I do give them credibility and it could be the same ones that you've heard.

The Takeover Panel ruling would seem to me to put a kybosh on any imminent share issue. You seem to know more about King's situation in SA than me, so can't comment on that.

Not sure when the Chairman's dinner was, mate, but the ones I've head are coming from the members section, so I do give them credibility and it could be the same ones that you've heard.

The Takeover Panel ruling would seem to me to put a kybosh on any imminent share issue. You seem to know more about King's situation in SA than me, so can't comment on that.

Sure someone on here maybe forlanssister or such who will be able to explain better than me, but i think there is a law that says only £5m can leave the country a year. Could be completely wrong mind you!

At this moment in time, we hardly have a decent enough insight about our finances and how much money was been set aside for this summer's transfers.

I would assume that all of them and their effective relevance to the finances will be a matter for the annual report 2018? How it impacts on immediate cash flow stuff is anyone's guess, but who can say how that really is?

Snatched from FF ...

Portuguese newspaper O Jogo has a small article in their Sunday edition packed with information about Rangers signings. Caixinha is looking to sign three players from Benfica, and O Jogo believe it’s now just a case of sorting out the details, and then the players being announced at Ibrox.

Fábio Cardoso, a 23 year old central defender, spent last season loan at Vitoria Setubal, and is now lined up for Rangers. Dalcio, a 21 year old Benfica B forward, is put forward as the next player to be joining Cardoso, and his move to Rangers is pencilled in as a season long loan.

Caixinha isn’t stopping there.

Daniel Candeias, a 29 year old winger, spent last season on loan at Turkish club Alanyaspor, and he’s also being lined up for Rangers, although it’s not sure if he’ll move on a loan or permanent basis.

The first two can be completed this week, with Candeias being sorted out afterwards.

O Jogo explain that Caixinha is determined to do all he can to bridge the gap between Rangers and Celtic, and the early summer attempts at recruitment are part of that.

http://forum.followfollow.com/showthread.php?1110987-Transfer-Speculation-Thread-(311-Viewing)&p=25301183#post25301183

Some whispers on FF ...

There seems to be a lot of chat on Twitter that we've rejected Naismith, anyone got information on that?

The thread got deleted but an ITK poster said the deal is off , decision by the club and Naismith is gutted.

Wasnt Cwood it was Jellybeans .