The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

tamforsyth

tamforsyth is online now 1st Team Regular

28-07-2006

Default Re: Transfer Speculation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Union Jack 1873 View Post

Tamforsyth is related to him and says the deal was still on this morning but other well known posters say it's not happening.

Then other people drop bombshells to say they have had a text he's signed then don't comment when asked and have been commenting on other threads.

To many people at the wind up here

Just to clarify. There has been talk. Looks as if Rangers aren't going to pursue it.

Should delight a few on here

Edited by pete

Mexican legend Luis Garcia reckons Pedro Caixinha is the perfect man to relaunch party-loving midfielder Carlos Pena's career.

The Leon midfielder is in negotiations with Rangers to move to Scotland and has been forced to defend himself in Mexico over allegations he enjoys his social life outside football too much.

But former Atletico Madrid star Garcia - who won 79 caps and featured in two World Cups for Mexico - believes a move to Scotland would be perfect for Pena.

He said: "Carlos has the chance to move away from a Mexican environment that has polluted him, although much of the contamination was done by himself.

"Not so long ago, he was the star man in Mexico. Everyone wanted to get their picture taken with him.

"But no matter how foolishly he's acted and how much his career has faded, he's suddenly been given another chance by Pedro Caixinha.

"Pedro is a cultured, innovative coach. He's successful because he takes risks. He isn't intimidated by the challenge of rehabilitating the career of Carlos Pena.

"Despite his troubles, I firmly believe in Carlos. He is still a very good footballer who can control games."He was at one time the best Mexican player out there. He's shown it many times. He is a quality player.

"He will be joining Rangers - a club that dominate games in Scotland where they and Celtic are the biggest clubs. That will suit him."It would be a new start for him. I believe in him and so does Pedro Caixinha."He's been given another chance. Let's hope he takes it in Scotland."

DOUBLE SWOOP Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha hopes to sign Benfica pair Daniel Candeias and Dalcio this week

The Ibrox manager wants to have most of his transfer business done by June 5 and also hopes to sign Carlos Pena and Eduardo Herrera

PEDRO CAIXINHA hopes to step up Rangers’ recruitment drive this week by landing Benfica pair Daniel Candeias and Dalcio.

The Ibrox boss is also keen to secure Vitoria Setubal defender Fabio Cordoso but could face competition from Wolves.

Aberdeen’s out-of-contract midfielder Ryan Jack is expected to be confirmed as Gers’ first summer signing within the next 72 hours.

Caixinha is desperate to get as much transfer business done as possible before his team report back for the start of pre-season on June 5.

Given the time constraints before the club’s Europa League qualifiers at the end of next month he is now focusing mainly on the Portuguese and Mexico markets he knows well.

Caixinha worked with Candeias when he was in charge at Nacional with the winger’s performances earning a move to Benfica.

But, the 29-year-old has yet to play a first team game for them having spent the past three seasons on loan at Nurnberg, Granada, Metz and Alanyaspor in Turkey.

Dalcio is a 21-year-old striker who has been plying his trade for the Benfica B team.

SunSport understands a season long loan deal for the hitman is close to being finalised.

Talks are continuing with Setabul over the deal for Cardoso although the situation is complicated given Benfica still own a share of the £1million-rated 23-year-old.

Setubal are keen to start a bidding war with Wolves, whose signings are handled by Portuguese super-agent Jorge Mendes, and a number of Spanish clubs also interested.

Rangers are pressing ahead with moves for Mexican pair Carlos Pena and Eduardo Herrera, who Caixinha knows from his time in Central America as Santos Laguna coach.

Meanwhile, Jack is expected to go have a medical after bringing the curtain down on his Dons career in Saturday’s Scottish Cup Final.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1072038/pedro-caixinha-rangers-daniel-candeias-dalcio-benfica/

The EBT judgement will not be far off (once the Whyte case is done with) and I wouldn't be surprised if we lose it and HMRC insist BDO go after auchenhowie and Ibrox. If Whyte is guilty of fraud then these assets may still sit with the old company in liquidation. Point is I don't see where all the money is coming from as we may need to buy these assets back. There are still a couple of nasty surprises in the offing so might want to keep our feet on the ground. PC may need to keep more of the squad than he wants. Sorry to be a depressing sod.

Mexican legend Luis Garcia reckons Pedro Caixinha is the perfect man to relaunch party-loving midfielder Carlos Pena's career.

The Leon midfielder is in negotiations with Rangers to move to Scotland and has been forced to defend himself in Mexico over allegations he enjoys his social life outside football too much.

But former Atletico Madrid star Garcia - who won 79 caps and featured in two World Cups for Mexico - believes a move to Scotland would be perfect for Pena.

He said: "Carlos has the chance to move away from a Mexican environment that has polluted him, although much of the contamination was done by himself.

"Not so long ago, he was the star man in Mexico. Everyone wanted to get their picture taken with him.

"But no matter how foolishly he's acted and how much his career has faded, he's suddenly been given another chance by Pedro Caixinha.

"Pedro is a cultured, innovative coach. He's successful because he takes risks. He isn't intimidated by the challenge of rehabilitating the career of Carlos Pena.

"Despite his troubles, I firmly believe in Carlos. He is still a very good footballer who can control games."He was at one time the best Mexican player out there. He's shown it many times. He is a quality player.

"He will be joining Rangers - a club that dominate games in Scotland where they and Celtic are the biggest clubs. That will suit him."It would be a new start for him. I believe in him and so does Pedro Caixinha."He's been given another chance. Let's hope he takes it in Scotland."

No link to this...my guess is the stench of the 'Scottish' tabloidies!

The EBT judgement will not be far off (once the Whyte case is done with) and I wouldn't be surprised if we lose it and HMRC insist BDO go after auchenhowie and Ibrox. If Whyte is guilty of fraud then these assets may still sit with the old company in liquidation. Point is I don't see where all the money is coming from as we may need to buy these assets back. There are still a couple of nasty surprises in the offing so might want to keep our feet on the ground. PC may need to keep more of the squad than he wants. Sorry to be a depressing sod.

Why are they waiting on the Whyte case? That has nothing whatsoever to do with the EBT case.

Why are they waiting on the Whyte case? That has nothing whatsoever to do with the EBT case.

I think he means if HMRC wins and Whyte also wins then Whyte will have a claim at the assets. HMRC could then link Ibrox and Auchenhowie to oldco and go after it to increase the funds for the admin.

I think he means if HMRC wins and Whyte also wins then Whyte will have a claim at the assets. HMRC could then link Ibrox and Auchenhowie to oldco and go after it to increase the funds for the admin.

Whyte winning only proves his purchase wasn't fraudulent though. That in itself isn't linked with oldco going into liquidation and subsequently seeing the assets being sold to newco. Whyte would need to bring a case against newco for the assets - but that hasn't happened... at least not yet.

I doubt very much that they would have the assets (Ibrox and Auchenhowie) transferred back to oldco. To do so would probably require, ironically, Whyte to prove that he lost those assets fraudulently.

Whyte winning only proves his purchase wasn't fraudulent though. That in itself isn't linked with oldco going into liquidation and subsequently seeing the assets being sold to newco. Whyte would need to bring a case against newco for the assets - but that hasn't happened... at least not yet.

I doubt very much that they would have the assets (Ibrox and Auchenhowie) transferred back to oldco. To do so would probably require, ironically, Whyte to prove that he lost those assets fraudulently.

Sorry I read his post again and he says if Whyte is GUILTY of fraud then they may decide that the assets still belong to oldco.