The Pre-Summer-2017 transfer rumours and hearsay all inclusive Thread

I'm not sure we'll even spend £3m collectively, let alone on one player.

think its a given we will spend more than last season just a matter of how much more surely? You cant seriously think under the current climate that the board will choose to spend less this year now we have euro money etc ?

think its a given we will spend more than last season just a matter of how much more surely? You cant seriously think under the current climate that the board will choose to spend less this year now we have euro money etc ?

I think our team next season will be unrecognisable from last season with perhaps only Foderingham and a couple of others remaining.

I like the look of Herrera (strong, athletic, penalty-box striker with good movement), but it looks like he needs service: how much service is he going to get when Tavernier hits the ball over his head every week?

Edited by Rousseau

I like the look of Herrera (strong, athletic, penalty-box striker with good movement), but it looks like he needs service: how much service is he going to get when Tavernier hits the ball over his head every week?

Will Tavernier still be there ?

How much Euro money will we get when we fail at the first hurdle?

And I don't see us spending much any time soon. Given what we spent on Garner, we need to be very careful whichever way we do proceed. Almost £2 million on a guy who scored 7 league goals. In reality he's probably worth about £200k.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

And I don't see us spending much any time soon. Given what we spent on Garner, we need to be very careful whichever way we do proceed. Almost £2 million on a guy who scored 7 league goals. In reality he's probably worth about £200k.

How do you even get yourself motivated to get out of bed in the morning. Is everything doom and gloom? It'll be difficult, but why suggest we are out at the first hurdle now? It doesn't even make any sense on any level. Are you trolling or do you just want to bring a negative spin to everything?

Maybe PC thinks, as I do myself, that we have enough squad players with the young players pushing through so we need 3-4 quality players to enhance the chance of challenging for the title?

That's a fair point. Perhaps he will also find it difficult to move the current squad on. This might lead him to look for just a few really good players.

So last season we were able to spend upwards of two million while balancing the books but this year with higher income streams you expect us to spend less?

Not sure how the euro money goes but would imagine the board do. Whats a full house worth? Is it split 50/50? We can generate £1.5-£2m from tickets at Ibrox alone for the one home game. So even if just the one round i would imagine the money though not life changing will be substantial when kept in context of our financial situation.

The player not being worth the fee paid has nothing to do with the size of budget available, you cant reduce the budget through fear of getting it wrong. We must as you say do everything to maximise our output without shying away from our responsibilities.

So last season we were able to spend upwards of two million while balancing the books but this year with higher income streams you expect us to spend less?

Not sure how the euro money goes but would imagine the board do. Whats a full house worth? Is it split 50/50? We can generate £1.5-£2m from tickets at Ibrox alone for the one home game. So even if just the one round i would imagine the money though not life changing will be substantial when kept in context of our financial situation.

We needed cash from the shareholders to allow us to trade during the season. We aren't "balancing the books" in terms of cashflow, which is the most important issue for us at the moment.

Will that advance be available again next season? Will that extra European game allow us to operate without getting funding? What is the timing of the payments of last year's transfers?

There's a whole load of questions we don't know the answers so we can't assume that the transfer budget will be much bigger than last year.

We also can't budget for any more than one game in Europe. This isn't like the days of Murray where we "budgeted" to get knocked out in Europe in the first round, with that budget showing a £6 million loss which didn't really matter as funding was available. Funding can't be guaranteed at the moment and strict cashflow controls have to be adhered to. We may also get knocked out of domestic cups earlier which may negate any cash generated from Europe.

If we get further in Europe then there may be more cash available but initially only the cash from one round will be taken into account.