The Fifth Official Gersnet Dinner

You're annoyed because I don't want my picture posted on the internet or because I didn't hear you asking if it was OK for you to post them?

I'm annoyed because the pictures were removed when that shouldn't have been necessary and it's brought a sour note to an event that most folk seem to have enjoyed.

However, the pictures are going to be reinstated with your face greyed out (no offence), so it will indeed be sorted.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I'm annoyed because the pictures were removed when that shouldn't have been necessary .

So you think it's OK to have people's pictures posted when they don't want them to?

I'm annoyed because the pictures were removed when that shouldn't have been necessary and it's brought a sour note to an event that most folk seem to have enjoyed.

However, the pictures are going to be reinstated with your face greyed out (no offence), so it will indeed be sorted.

I'm not sure if you are reading responses BH - but I have already explained why it WAS necessary. The pictures were removed because one of the attendees didn't want a picture of them on the forum. The moderator removed the picture to honour the request. The moderator absolutely did the right thing. If you cant see that then I really cant help you. It isn't for YOU to decide whether someone wishes to remain private or not. And if the moderator didn't know who that individual was then they had no option but to remove the pictures. Nobody, at any point in time, said that the removal was permanent. They were removed as a precaution.

To be honest I think you are making Mount Everest out of a molehill. Nobody else is making an issue of it. Hopefully everyone can see the merits of the pictures being removed, temporarily.

As for bringing a sour note - I think you are also culpable in that - everybody has tried to suggest that everyone move on - but you refuse to.

You simply don't have the right to determine someone else's privacy or wishes for them. It really is that simple.

So you think it's OK to have people's pictures posted when they don't want them to?

I already agreed that's your privilege.

The point I am making is that it wasn't necessary to remove the picture because your face could have been greyed out at the outset, if I'd known you didn't want it published or later when I did know.

If you look back you'll see I asked for help with that but the picture was removed instead.

That's what I'm annoyed about.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I'm not sure if you are reading responses BH - but I have already explained why it WAS necessary. The pictures were removed because one of the attendees didn't want a picture of them on the forum. The moderator removed the picture to honour the request. The moderator absolutely did the right thing. If you cant see that then I really cant help you. It isn't for YOU to decide whether someone wishes to remain private or not. And if the moderator didn't know who that individual was then they had no option but to remove the pictures. Nobody, at any point in time, said that the removal was permanent. They were removed as a precaution.

To be honest I think you are making Mount Everest out of a molehill. Nobody else is making an issue of it. Hopefully everyone can see the merits of the pictures being removed, temporarily.

As for bringing a sour note - I think you are also culpable in that - everybody has tried to suggest that everyone move on - but you refuse to.

You simply don't have the right to determine someone else's privacy or wishes for them. It really is that simple.

I can assure you, I've read every word, thanks very much.

At no time have I ever suggested I had the right to determine anyone's privacy; which is why I asked the question in the first place.

Anyway, I'm done with it.

I'll shortly post the dinner accounts, then Frankie can post the edited pictures and that will be an end to this dinner.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

ACCOUNTS OF THE 5TH OFFICIAL GERSNET DINNER

Balance brought forward from 4th Dinner 30/01/2016 £73.22

Add/ Interest Received £0.18

Sub Total £73.40

Received for 11 dinners @ £17.50 £192.50

Sub Total £265.90

Paid for 11 dinners and first round of drinks £192.30

Balance £73.60

Add/Overpayment £1.50

Balance carried forward £ 75.10

The receipt and copy bank statement will be submitted to admin for verification.

Sorry about the alignment, couldn't be bothered to set up a spreadsheet.

And on that formal note, we can close this thread as we're going round in unnecessary circles here.

If we decide to upload doctored images, I'll add them forthwith.

Thanks again to BH for organising the meal and to everyone who attended.