The Fifth Official Gersnet Dinner

if any of the guys were uncomfortable with the photos being shown then I'm sure it's right to remove them.

We had a good time and had light hearted friendly discussions about the 'Gers.

So again thanks BH for making the effort

on a personal note I was astounded to learn that big bad Gunslinger was actually a wee guy I used to teach

Taught him everything he knows.......

What did you do after the 1st 5 minutes ? :roflmao::D

if any of the guys were uncomfortable with the photos being shown then I'm sure it's right to remove them.

on a personal note I was astounded to learn that big bad Gunslinger was actually a wee guy I used to teach

He needs a gun belt to fire off all the one liners he carries about!

I decided to let this run this afternoon and see the outcome.

I just want to reiterate that I posted the pictures in good faith believing that I had everyone's implied permission.

I note that rbr had the "understanding they were going to be posted", plgsarmy agreed and Pete had the same impression as me, namely that "BD and everyone else was happy with it".

I don't think it was necessary to remove the pictures completely as Frankie says BD's face could have been blanked out and that's what I would have done if I'd been asked.

Once again I was happy to organise and glad all except boabie's feet enjoyed themselves.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Best teacher anyone ever had. Certainly the funniest and craziest.

I decided to let this run this afternoon and see the outcome.

I just want to reiterate that I posted the pictures in good faith believing that I had everyone's implied permission.

I note that rbr had the "understanding they were going to be posted", plgsarmy agreed and Pete had the same impression as me, namely that "BD and everyone else was happy with it".

I don't think it was necessary to remove the pictures completely as Frankie says BD's face could have been blanked out and that's what I would have done if I'd been asked.

Once again I was happy to organise and glad all except boabie's feet enjoyed themselves.

I can vouch for brahim. He asked if everyone was ok with photos being posted.

BH, no disrespect intended but you are being naïve on this subject.

Any moderator can post their thanks - they also may not have considered the possible requests for anonymity. The internet and social media is awash with people preferring anonymity for any number of reasons.

It doesn't matter if it was obvious why you were taking the pictures - EXPRESS permission is needed. The world is a strange place these days so it is more than just a little understandable that people would prefer not to have their pictures plastered on the internet - again, for any number of reasons.

FWIW, my own personal preference is that pictures of forum individuals should NOT be posted on here - you yourself should know more than most just how easy it is to be targeted for abuse from supporters (our own and others). It is a very sensitive subject.

If you feel the need to provide pictures of the event the best way would be to PM those at the dinner and get their personal email address should they wish to receive the photos.

Craig, as you know, I do value your opinion and advice but would have to say in this case that pictures of me are all over the place including the famous, or infamous depending on your view, one of me and Stewart Regan at Hampden. I don't think it's the pictures of me or anyone else that are the issue, people are targeted for their views and actions and I would reiterate that it was for that reason that I only posted the pseudonyms. Some people do seem to have got a kick out of putting faces to the stage names.

I'll get waiver forms for folk to sign next time, if there is a next time.

Don't take this comment as anything other than I'm a bit miffed at the moment but as I say I understand and appreciate your thoughts.

I can vouch for brahim. He asked if everyone was ok with photos being posted.

Thank you very much for that GS.

I was fairly sure that I had gone beyond just asking permission to TAKE the pictures.

That makes at least four people who had that understanding.

That's why I don't understand BD's reaction.

I think it is time that everyone moved on from this.

A good time had by all, and lessons learned in terms of breaching people's privacy. Intended or not.

But best to move on.

Don't take this comment as anything other than I'm a bit miffed at the moment but as I say I understand and appreciate your thoughts.

Not sure why you're miffed. I don't doubt that you asked if everyone was OK for it to be posted, but in the same manner I hope that you accept that I didn't hear it and didn't agree to it.

I've been at plenty of similar events over the years, including FF subcrawls and similar where photos have been taken and shared between the participants, but they've never been publicly posted.

A lot of people in the Rangers world know who I am due to my involvement with various things over the years but that doesn't mean that people who know me personally or in business know who I am online and I'd like it to stay that way.

Apologies to you and anyone else who have been inconvenienced by this but I don't believe I'm being unreasonable.